Wow. I did it...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by beachtownlawnservice, Sep 1, 2010.

1. beachtownlawnservice

beachtownlawnservice LawnSite Member

Just landed my first HUGE commercial account. A Really nice complex on the beach. (condo's) I submitted a bid 2 months ago, against several other of the big boys around town. Ive been beating my self up about it ever since. Did i bid to much? Did i underbid it? Am i ready? Ive only been in business for 4 months. Well they called last week and said I won the bid. Wanted me to start wed (today). I was up all night. is everything ready? do i have this? do i need that? just nerves ya know. all my other accounts are small residential yards, few medium lots. and crappy city contracted over grown yards from hell. nothing big time. Nothing like this. This is a fancy complex right on the beach.. HOLY CR#P WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO???? Well this morning we rocked and rolled right through that B#tch 1hr,45min. And that was with my OCD kicking in making sure we went above and beyond and did everything absolutely perfect.. . it even took less time than i expected. Better for me... Holy cow i think I'm getting good at this...

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats, Hoe everything works out for you, I just went through the same thing a month ago landing my first big one too. It is scarey but you can handle it. Just think things out and go. it will be fine.

3. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

congrats :)

4. bel-nor

bel-nor LawnSite Member

Congratulations this is always good to hear. Those commercial accounts really make the business well worth while. I bet you didnt even feel like you didnt get that much sleep. Good work!

5. DQL10

DQL10 LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations!

6. PremierT&L

PremierT&L LawnSite Member

Congrats!!

I've been in business about 1.5 years now and have 3 nice contracts like yours. Right now I'm working on several more bids for 2011. We only have 4 lawns for special customers. The rest of the time we do installs and renovations.

You are going to be so glad to make the jump. If you follow this simple advice you will get more of these contracts: Be thorough, reliable, and exceed their expectations. It can be costly sometimes, but it pays off.

Good luck!

7. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

That's pretty good advice for any segment of our industry.

8. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Nice going keep up the great work.

9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

congrats..i have a question though....at least here in st. louis ,we don't normally start new contracts until the spring of the next season...why the start in Sept?
    steve

10. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Congratulatlons!!!