1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

wow im tired

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigkyle, Mar 8, 2006.

1. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

just got back from handing out fliers for 3 hours of non stop walking.I got to give my first estimate though which was kinda cool since it was my first. he said he would call me.prob means he didnt like the estimate.
  2. cgrappler135

cgrappler135 LawnSite Member

just keep on keppin on and they'll come in!! good luck
  3. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

where are u mowing in rochester. Im just starting out too
  4. mcmillanlawncare

mcmillanlawncare LawnSite Member

dude im from rochester ny too.....
  5. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

im all over rochester.good to see u guys here in rochester.i havent seen anyone on here fom rochester until now
  6. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Uh ohhhh. Competition!!! If you're tired from walking for 3 hours doing fliers, imagine doing it for 8-10 hours with a mower ;)
  7. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

yea but i wont be wearing boots for that time(don't have a clue y i was wearing them but hey).and i think mowing is actually easier than passing out the fliers
  8. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

heres some advice stay in one area. I made that mistake with plowing and i wont do it again just stay on one side of the city. Im staying in brighton/Southeast City close to brighton/pittsford/perinton/fairport and some in henrietta only three areas.
  9. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

yea good for u man that is the side where the money is but im closer to greece,hilton,spencerport and what not
  10. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

Good luck up there fellas! You should do well in that area.

That is it! I have thrown in the towel, and I am done and out of this business and selling off the whole unit.
    I have a 2003 Exmark 48" Hydro Turftracer HP TTHP with electric start 17 HP Kawi engine, low hours, velke and like new Aluminum Accelerator grass catcher for $4300 The model # is TT4817KAEC

The trailer is a 2002 5x10 open heavy duty utility single axle trailer made by Mid-Atlantic. No electric brakes. The GVWR is listed at 2990lbs and the GAWR is listed at 3500lbs. It pulls nicely and has no problem tracking either. You can hardly tell that it is even behind you when pulling. $850

My trimmer is a Redmax solid shaft trimmer Model # BCZ2400S. I bought this brand new in 2005 for $325. I bought this model because I have heard/read that this model does not viberate as much as a cable trimmer. I love it, it works just like it is supposed to and if I were to get back in this business, I would be picking up another one of these trimmers. $250

My handheld blower is a little older, bought secondhand, but still starts right up and blows pretty hard. It is a sthil afterall. $75

If anyone needs any pictures, please let me know. I would sell the whole unit as a whole for $5000, and deliver it too for a little more. If you live anywhere between NY and NC, we may be able to work something out.

I think that is a pretty fair deal. Everything is in good working order, I stand behind it. I would continue doing this business if I were able to pick up more customers, but 5 just is not going to cut it.

You can see pictures if you click the link below and see the post.

Thanks for looking!