wow it sure is hot out here!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AielLandscaping, Jun 8, 2002.

1. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

it's been 100+ here for over a week now and shouldn't get below 95 until october.. i hear this all the time and it drives me nuts... "boy it sure is hot out here. i don't know how you can stand it." .. it's usually at that point that they go inside to their nice air conditioned house...don't get me wrong i enjoy the heat but i just wish i had something to say back other then "oh is it hot out here? i'm sure it will get hotter later"

2. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

how bout saying, "oh is it hot, i hadn't noticed. i was to busy actually WORKING for a living to notice."

or you could just say, "go back in ur d_mn house and let me finish my job so i dont die from heat stroke."

or you could look them straight in the eye not even move and say, "yup"

3. ADMowing

ADMowing LawnSite Member
    from Florida

We always tell people that is why they are paying us year round because we have to put up with the sweltering hot summer days.

Aren't you glad that you hired us to do this so that you don't have to be out here....

We are used to the heat, but it does make us get tired a lot faster. We drink lots of water!

We are happy not to be in a job where we are couped up in some building all day long.

This is when we see the newbies start dropping like flies. It gets too hot for them and we pick up more lawns from customers whose lawn services quit on them. More power to a newbie if he/she can hang, but many of them don't! Fair warning -- Florida summers are brutal for the heat!!!

This is a good way to introduce the topic to your customers about scrubs who might be lowballing you. Odds are they will not be around when it starts getting hot. Your customers do not want the hassle of trying to find another lawn service in the middle of the season. They'd be best off by keeping you and having peace of mind for a few $$$ more.

So, as long as it stays hot and as long as the grass grows, we have pretty good job security. Plus, of course, we are reliable and do quality work. :D

These are some of our answers.

4. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I always like getting

"Hot enough for ya???"""

5. "don't know how you can stand it."

I try not to think about it, but when I do, I just take a look at the faces of people comming & going to their JOBS.

6. Grass_Slayer

"hot enough for ya?" NO, I WISH IT WAS HOTTER THAN THIS SO MY WEED EATER WOULD EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i always hope the july heat will cut dn on the fellas getting a piece o this pie.does too,but seems like theres 10 more to take their place the following spring.. no offense intended ,just what i really think.of course i know itll get me one day.

8. Grass_Slayer

i dont ever actually say stuff like that, stupid people just anger me sometimes.

sort of like when u get done with a yard; ur on the side of the street putting ur trimmer back in the rack; and somebody comes up, looks right at the sign on the side of ur truck, and says, "do you mow yards?''

no i dont i just ride around town with $10,000 worth of equip hooked to my truck.:dizzy:

9. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I always include the hot weather in the summer flyers and this usually gets some people to accept my services for the summer months. So in about a week i should be getting some temporary accounts. Hey who cares, money is money! :D