1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wow, Little Wonder Blower... Who knew?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Richard Martin, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Hey All,

I've had a Little Wonder for a couple of years now. I picked it up used for $250. It's a 1985 8 HP B&S powered unit. Well until today I had never used it other than playing around with it in my yard. Just for grins and giggles I took it with me today to do a couple of cleanups I had to do.

Let me say that this is one blowing machine. I knocked 1/2 hour off of a job that I do every 2 weeks. The last time I did this job it took me 1 hr and 45 mins. Today was 1:15. I thought that my BR600 was the only blower I would ever need but boy was I wrong.

This blower just rolled right along blowing everything right in the direction I wanted it to go. Incredible. I was even blowing against the wind and it didn't seem to make a difference.

If you don't have one of these wheeled blowers I highly recommend one. It will change the way you clean up leaves forever.
  2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I used my 8hp Lesco wheeled blower most of the day today -- ran the 1 gal tank dry in mid-afternoon. I wouldn't be without it for leaf work. I use it, along with a Stihl BG85 hand blower - I have no backpack.

Yes, it will move lots of leaves. Yesterday was very windy here, winds 20-25mph with higher gusts. No leaf work was done yesterday. But, today, we cleared a large lot for a new customer, 2 hours, the fourth cleanup at another customer, 1 hour, fourth cleanup for another customer, 1:15, a second cleanup for another customer, 0:45, and clearing a 20K backyard in about 1:00 -- moved them all to a gate for loading to a trailer. Today was less windy, about 10mph, and the blowing operation was a challenge in some places. One has to take the calmer opportunities to clean up behind the windrow.

Yes, it will do the task, but will also take some heavy energy to keep it moving on the hills. I think mine is 128# -- rolls easily on a hard surface, but on soft turf, and on hills, it is a real chore.
  3. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

buy a new 13 hp and see a huge difference
  4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Ditto. Nice blowers. 13 is a little heavy when on hills. That's why I also have the 8hp briggs.
  5. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

i have a 10 hp

when i want to get up hills i just switch the shoot so it will push the blower. also helps if you have walk a long distance