Wow, looks good, but leaking water...

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by MowingisMaddness, Aug 28, 2008.

1. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

The statement above is true.

I have checked for low liner spots around the majority of top permeter. I should check all of it before proceeding to remove the spillway stones. I did find a low spot that was only about 1 inch above water level when the pumps were running.

2. XStream Aquatics

XStream Aquatics LawnSite Member

Good luck and I'll ponder some more.

3. XStream Aquatics

We had to cut a drip edge in three formal rocks today so I took some pics for you.

017 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

019 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

4. MowingisMaddness

I tore the whole water feature apart and still cant find the leak. Could you call me so I can talk with you more about it?

5. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you know its not leaking under the top cap but above the liner (between the two?) In the one picture, it looks like its coming from dead center under the waterfall as just a small leak, but it just soaks down.

6. XStream Aquatics

Yeah PM me your number. I've got another thing or two to ask you.

7. MowingisMaddness

My foreman and I spent 12 hours on Saturday taking apart the top pool. Liner was overlapped correctly with no low edges in liner.

I guess the liner going between the two walls is not retaining the water on the edges or it has a large whole somewhere. I am going to start taking the wall apart on Wednesday. The customer is not happy.

8. XStream Aquatics

good luck and call me if you need to.

9. MowingisMaddness

XStream Aquatics,

Took a video of the water feature half way apart. How do you post a video? Its 30 mb. How do I reduce the size? Gary is going to come and help fix this thing on Friday...

Thanks, aj

10. XStream Aquatics

Aj, I hear you and Gary found the problem. I'm glad I knew someone near by to help you.