1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

WOW! New ss220 Ride on Spreader-Sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by michaelthomas1, Jan 25, 2012.

1. michaelthomas1

michaelthomas1 LawnSite Member

I talked with Jim at Northernturf and got my ss220 coming in about 6 days.
    It can even spread and spray compost tea and grains! He also gave a few names of golf courses and commercial applicators who have them, so I called them and they gave me great reviews for use over the years they have had
    the ss220. Don`t count this unit out when comparing the others. I rode at GEI several and studied over 6 months. just youtube and type in
    ------ss220 spreader---to see action and specs.
    Jim didn`t treat me like a # but a relationship ----which means if i have a problem ,I believe he will be there!
    Also go to Northernturf.com and click video

"My 2 Cents Worth"-
    Michael Carlisle--Tenn. Dept. of Agriculture # 1628:)
  2. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't want to threadcrap here, but I think you may want to keep his number on speed dial. It's great that it puts out 3gpm if you want to spray tea, but what do those pumps and spray tips do to the biology?

I also don't like the fact that the spray tips aren't covered from dust that spreading more organic ferts and soil amendments will have.

It just doesn't look stable to me. Watching the video, the sulky seems to be moving side to side going straight and with material in the hopper and in the tank.

I hope you like your purchase, but I'd rather save my money for a more reliable machine.
  3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Looks interesting, but as with the new TurfEx unit, $7500 price tag wont sell very many of them. Why are these newcomers pricing their units to exorbitantly? Those units are not worth more than $5K IMO??
  4. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats if it fits for you, seems really slow should have checked out Ground Logic. Good Luck
  5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

The reason he doesn't treat you like a # is probably because he hasn't sold hardly any machines.

Keep us posted!

Hope it does a good job for you.

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Took the new Small Zspray for a ride today! Very impressed low center of gravity....No belts at all direct drive seems to me like the machine for those wanting a tailgate unit! 20 gallons of liquid.