wow still cutting.. north east

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Jan 11, 2006.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i have seen 3 crews on the road today and 1 crew cutting. this is nuts. i am sure the regular season will start in late may cause we will have snow at end of april.. :mad:
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

don't say that. I would be fine if we get no more snow for the rest of the winter season, just rain.
  3. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

impossible that they are mowing. probably doing cleanups with mowers. I did one sunday and got the strangest looks from people. Walkbehind with catcher on stopped traffic.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

this is gonna wind up being the wamest January I can ever remember
  5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

After the last three winters, Rod, I'm happy it is so warm. I was able to work last week and finish clean-ups, and now I have a few days this week doing some skid steer work. I'm happy. I'm actually working on a proposal today for a landscape install. Maybe we will get lucky and have a early start this year?
  6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I seen 5 lawns crews yesterday with mowers on the trailors. They are useing them for cleanups. We use ours but it depends on the situation.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

we this rate, that is the only way I could possibly make up the way things are going:cry:

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

stop whinning rod we all know u sleep on a mattres full of cash and gold
  9. lawn guy

lawn guy LawnSite Member

If we are having a late winter, will we still be up and running mid March?
  10. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I mowed a front lawn on Long Island yesterday (tues 1/10) while finishing a clean-up. I'm done with fall clean-ups...sweeeeet!

Last year it snowed early too and I wasn't able to finish them all, gave some discounts and always had them in the back of my mind, then had to clean-up all the crap in the spring. I'm glad it's been warm this month so far so I could finish and actually relax now. I am hoping for snow in February. Lots of it!