Wow! There is too much advertising on this site.

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by White Gardens, Feb 22, 2012.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

And just one more thing to add......

This site is a wealth of information, just like a library, and I also want my library to have advertising in small doses.

I especially don't want a huge banner unroll and drop in front of me as soon as I enter the front doors.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

That's because public libraries are tax funded.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I got annoyed the other day when I got a private message promoting Stick It door hangers. As if we haven't seen the guy post enough on every single thread that has anything to do with advertising, mowing, or the sky being blue. Then again, for what I'd imagine it costs for a sponsorship on this site, I would do the same thing.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, I realize that distinction, but I'm trying to give a visual interpretation.

And besides, advertising sneaks it's way into public places weather we like it or not.

But I digress.......

5. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

I do like LS and am shocked this thread is still going. It has helped me and yes I would pay a small fee if they would garantee all the members was 18 years old or more.

6. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

I dont mind the ads at all. The site provides a free service for many of us and needs to make money somehow. It's either by the companies that make this industry possible or by us. I have high speed internet and this site loads right up not much delay. We are in business to make money and I dont blame lawnsite for wanting some money to keep its site going. BTW- scrolling down takes very little energy. To me that could be considered lazy. So what you push a button for an extra second.

7. Patriot Services

This page loaded in .15338575848493483499898494809449484 seconds.:usflag:

8. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

freaking slow!!!!! should have been .1 or faster. haha

9. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

This is one advantage of using a mobile phone to login and check on new threads. You bypass all the ads. Also seems to load faster as well even though my phone is old school 3G. The major down side to that is when you want to subscribe to threads [via mobile] you have to do an empty post. See the prior post.... :hammerhead:

Maybe it is the location of the servers that Lawnsite has or another factor… it seems it loads slower overall than in the past. My internet is not any slower if anything faster….?

10. Patriot Services

I think it's server use. Every 14 year old with a mower and a dream is on here looking for the golden goose egg.:usflag: