WOW This is a Lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Snyder's Lawn Inc, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

The OP stated 40 acres of turf.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Someone who cuts city parks or has contracts to cut golf courses, and has the proper equiptment will do it for around 400$................sorry fellers.

3. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think so Larry. Golf equipment ain't for mowing anywhere but the course and city parks are whored out, the property owners won't allow that type of work there. Flat 40 is way doable on a 60" Z in a day but it's a long day and it takes a good 60" ztr to do that and have a good result week after week. This is an honest amount of work and I think to do just the trim work would be over $400. Plain and simple.

4. larryinalabama

A ZTR is a play TOY when it comes to that kind of work.

Something like this is what you would need to make money. If the homeowner has half a brain, and Im sure he does, he wont enterain anyone who doesn't have the proper equiptment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toro-580-D-...097?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad96c4fd1

5. larryinalabama

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

He has 3 72s. Not sure how many emoplyees
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. twomancrew

Yeah but I'm not so sure how much of that has a true ring to it.

Also I make a living with a 60". I mow an account this size but with hills and trees. I also mow a nice place much much bigger than this. A good 60 is a very productive machine. On my busy week I take down 90 acres. Some really pretty some really cheap. Air/oil cooled and all. When you talk to people who make a living doin something and tell them they can't you look like a foolio. I make a living with a 60". Tell me more please. Not u wiffy

8. larryinalabama

I make a living with a 44" stand on mower, but if I mow acres I use a tractor with a 3pt mower, or in most cases bush hog.

Sure a 60" mower is nice and productive, but its a joke to compare it to a 192" 77hp mower.

9. twomancrew

I know what that cut looks like. The city mows the schools here with them. You ain't going to get much good work with that and you know it. As tempting as that cab is it ain't going to fly on this job.

10. larryinalabama

Your dreaming, The rough at Shoal Creek and Augusta National are cut with those mowers. The mower will leave cut every bit as good as your toy.

Seriousley go talk to the homeowner and tell them its going to cost 70,ooo$ to cut the place. 50k more that the feller that has the equiptment to do it with.

Or cut it with a 21" mower because it leaves a better looking cut and charge 300k per year.

At least be pretend we live on the same planet.