WOW This is a Lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Snyder's Lawn Inc, Jul 30, 2014.

1. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

Like I said, congrats man-that's a big deal there. At first I was gonna say you sure that's 40 acres by looking at the size of those 2 houses. But then I noticed the drive and the "little" things and yeah that's a good property there. No joke.:clapping:

And I agree with this post on the est.

2. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

Acreage aside, there are people out there regardless of the size of their property who are willing to pay so that it looks good. Although money does come into play when you start adding acreage. People who make $200k+ per year most of the time don't blink an eye at spending $150+/weekly for mowing a few acres not counting fert apps, landscaping, etc. So why would someone who is making in the millions worry about $1500/weekly? If someone wants a manicured look and is willing to pay for it, then let them pay for it and provide the service.

3. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

What model Dixie choppers do you run?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Honestly a 5 guy crew with 3 guys on 60" or 72" mowers and the other two trimming and edging. I bet in my area you could get that done for $800 or less easily. The owner coupled with 4 illegals making $8 an hour under the table. Yup $800 or less pretty easy around here.

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

That was my point, someone with a 60 ZTR will do it for 500 to 600$ and be happy to have the work. I just stated that theres other ways too skin a cat, but no one agrees.

6. olajoe808

olajoe808 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5b

Agree, assuming the market is saturated. But for the op to be in 30+ yrs, that's a good chunk of market share.

7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

8. olajoe808

olajoe808 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5b

All that and only 99hp. Two years from now it'll be replaced with the 101hp lineup, same engine.

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

We had two of those. And 2 front mount 74s.

That's all we used for 20 years. And a few walk behinds lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

that is the problem in our area. too many people pricing way too low. I really don't know anyone who would work for $8 per hour unless its a high school kid