Wow, what a bad day.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric 1, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

As you may have noticed, i have not been hear much.The business is going great, bids are coming in, i got two blocks of apartments that came in, money is rolling in by the hundreds, I have bought some new equipment and it has been going great. THEN, today, my new redmax trimmer went out, the blower went out, Then on the way home....the transmission blew up.:eek: Luckily a Friend is out of town and will let me use his till mid next week till he is home, so hopefully it will be done by then.

So dad came in my grand fathers suv to take the trailer home and i had the truck towed. Man what a day.:alien:

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

To coin a cliche, When it rains, it pours. Nothing sucks more than watching your profits disappear into maintainance costs. You have my sympathy.

3. Ken Kesey

Ken Kesey LawnSite Member
    from Here

All you can do is call it bad one and go from there. I think we've all had those days. Who knows, tomorrow you may get the call you've been waiting for.

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

That sucks, but look at it this way: you will have new equipment with warranty, and the trans should have a warranty as well. The one we had redone for my brother came with a 1 year 15K mile warranty. Tomorrow is a new day, don't look back...

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Eric 1 you may want to preg check your girlfriend. When it rains it pours.
    4 weeks ago my son broke his leg racing his dirtbike. 2 weeks ago I bent the loader hydraulic cylinder on my tractor then the starter went. Last thursday my daughter broke her ankle at the school playground. Last week the stator went on my Bobcat. My wife ran over a big rock with the mower and bent the mulcher baffle under the deck, she later engaged the deck and ruined the center blade. So far this week we have had 4 flat tires. My son just got home and showed me his new shoes, he slipped running the push mower and cut the end off his shoe. He has a small mark on his foot but no blood. He usually wears steel toes but his mother picked him up at school for an early dismissal. The son with the broken leg was coming home from the motocross races driving his street bike and got nailed for speeding, 3 points and $150. And it's not even summer yet.

6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

May I suggest that you dont get your private parts near any powertools?

7. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry about all that, but tomorrow's another day. Hope all turns out well for you.

8. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

There...now that all that happened...you should be fine at least another 6 months!:D

9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Ha, i totalled two trucks in 2 weeks pretty much. The sh!t hit the fan for me all at once.

10. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Crikey! cantoo, Just reading your story dampened my afternoon, I feel sad For ya!

Think you should pack up the family, get out of the country, go on a 9 month holiday and by then you can start fresh in a new year! lol.

Eric, know how ya feel mate, I've had a good run for a few months, I am just waiting for something to go bad, it will!