Wow, What a Website!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Just saw and read the post on 9-11 and if you're working etc..

Someone (sorry for forgetting your name), posted a web link to

http://www.politicsandprotest.com/

Man, it takes a little while to load on a cable modem, but WHOAH! is it worth it.. I had absolutly no intention of looking at 9-11 again at this hour of the night..

Feel like I could almost cry all over again, and I wasn't even affected directly by it.. I think for those in the NYC area (and the country for that matter as well), Wednesday is gonna be a rough one..

Gary

2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Yeah...that was Rooster who shared it on another thread. Thanks, Rooster!

I just finished watching it and had to fight back the tears...

...and control the upswell of ANGER that came flooding over me again. I still seethe with anger over this attack everyday (see my signature line!) but when I see the pictures I want some payback...in a BIG way. If we have to "smoke a few camels" along the way....ok by me. :angry:

The faces in that presentation "brings it all home", don't it? What did they, or their loved ones do to deserve such a fate? What did WE do? And don't think that 'supporting Israel' is a good enough answer...because it is not.

Sometimes I do not know who makes me the angriest...the cowardly terrorists who did the deed...or the 'so-called' American politicos who seem to be questioning our right to kick some serious terrorist-harboring azzes. You know who they are...questioning every move the President and The State Department makes towards rooting out the perpetrators...the ones who are saying "Show us some proof..." and"What about the civil rights of..."...it makes me want to puke. :cry:

Just watch the presentation...and look at those faces...and you tell me who's the REAL enemy.

19 terrorist hijackers=19 Arabs. There is "the math"...there is 'the proof".

God Bless America!

3. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Words cannot express the feeling that viewing this website that Rooster has provided to us can instill is each of us ........
    PLEASE LOOK ........ PLEASE REMEMBER ....... NEVER FORGET !!!!

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

very touching, very sad, very true, We always have been and always will be the country that represents freedom.
    You Want Attitude?, Come get Some!. Just Try,Don't expect To Succeed!!!!!!

Did any else see the direct link to penthouse mag on the bottom?:confused:

5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Its hosted by Penthouse. So What? They're American too! :)

On a serious note....that was some crazy stuff......hopefully we will not see anything like it again. We (the military) are reminded of it everday, in some way, large or small. This has been by far the busiest year out of the almost 5 I've been in. We were all proud to put in the 100+ hour work weeks, and you did not hear one person whining about it.

Lets pray these next 3 or 4 days go by smoothly.

6. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Makes the hair on my arm stand up.

7. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

WOW! Thank you sooo much for sharing. We didn't hold back the tears. Wife and I cried like babies.

8. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I know Pearl harbor was bad, but we did go back and kick some major butt to those that went against us.

But even in Pearl Harbor, the people who did die..... were in the military on a military base... So the Pearl harbor attack is not unimaginable.. Hell, it was a target and we were asleep at the wheel.

Now, in 9-11... That's just sub-human of what was done, how it happened, where it happened and how many perfectly innocent non-military people were killed..

And watching that website last night brought it all back. I'm only about 30 miles from NYC and going home from work on 9-11-01, it was EASY to see the plumb of smoke blowing across the sky like a huge huge supersized tornado.....

It's gonna be a year and we can all still cry about this thing..

I tell ya, I think about it quite a bit.. Not cause I hear of it on the media, just because... Alot of us say goodbye in the morning and go cut grass in peaceful residential lots or commecial, outdoors, with the birds and the bees.

Others go into big hi-rises and pound out paperwork and numbers. The making a living and working is the same, and so is the goodbye in the morning..

As I mentioned in the start of this thread, Wednesday is going to be rough.. In many ways, I think at my other job we shouldn't be working cause it's too big of a day tooo work.. Then again if we don't work, they win.... But I know I'm not gonna get a lot done Wednesday.. Just not into work..

Gary

9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. It took most of the night for my slow 26K dial up modem to down load that web site.

A big reason this affects us and not the bas@@@ds that did 9/11, is because for the most part we value life. (abortions ?????)

These insane guys will give their life for a cause and not think twice. And while alot of Amercian soldier boys have been killed over the years in the fight for freedom, we as Americans morn the death. In other countries the radicals are celabrated as heroes.

While I know we aren't supposed to meantion religion on LS I can't help but mention some thing that was said last night at a "remember 9/11" service I was at. The speaker went back into the old testament and read about when Ishmael was born and what God said to him about how his hand would be against his
    "brothers" and the hand of his "brothers" would be against him. And that is what we are seeing today. Islam is pretty much against alot of the rest of the world. To say the rest of the world is against Islam isn't quite right. As long as they OBEY THE LAWS of the land they will be left alone.

I know that not every body will agree with me, but this is my .02 worth.

10. Dan1944

Dan1944 LawnSite Member

Amen brother !

The hell with politcal correctness, and not hurting someone else's "feelings" , you want to hurt me ? I am gonna kill you first is the kind of attutude I wish I could hear out of Washington, there are a few who think that : Bush, Chaney and Rumsfeld (I love that guy) but can't say it.

Never Forget, Never Forgive :angry:

Dan the lawn care man: