Wow what an old one!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMastersTN, Jul 16, 2012.

1. LawnMastersTN

LawnMastersTN LawnSite Senior Member

That engine also looks to be about an 8hp or so. Don't know how it would even pull a 48" deck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I was using bunton belt drives in the mid eighties-wow, 30 yrs.? I'm a beast! or was. lol

3. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

Kinda looks like a camo paint job. That mower is located the next town over from me. But I think I will pass on it.

4. Lordtimothy

Lordtimothy LawnSite Member

When I think old........I think older than myself. If you look at the design of the mower I would bet there is only a small amount of changes to the belt drive you can buy today. Nothing really new in that department in the last 25 plus years.

5. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Only thing that is good for is scrap metal, they'd have to pay me the balance of what it costs to haul it down to the scrap metal yard and whatever they pay me for it by weight.

6. dahammer

dahammer LawnSite Member

Seems like yesterday

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

When mower company come up with a design that works they build them for long time Like my 1988 DC looks and built same as my 2011DC
    Just like my 1960 reel mower looks just like 2012 reel mower but just few # less:dancing::dancing:

8. LawnMastersTN

LawnMastersTN LawnSite Senior Member

The decks look completely different. They are more in a "v" shape now and the back of the decks are much closer to the wheels. Big difference is the shute opening.

9. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

wonder how many hours are on it