WOW! What Some People Pay For!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CraigPLC, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Victorsaur

Victorsaur LawnSite Member

If all of those pictures are of the same yard then you are lowballing hard with $30. Whenever my competition is working nearby I smile and wave because just like me they are human beings that need to put food in their mouth. If the owner is there he is always friendly, it is only employees so far that might give me a funny look or shake their heads at me for smiling. How we treat others whether they are competition or not is a reflection of who we are.

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

That appears to be a $25 lawn here in my area. Here is one we do that is 1.83 acres for $60. I bet that guy is doing it cheaper than you are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

You mow that yard for 60 dollars? That is a 120 dollar yard for me. I pick and choose mine lawns. I have been at it for 20 years though.

4. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Who cares what the competition is doing ?

I don't pay attention to other companies around me !

5. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I don't understand, yours looks better and he got done faster but you were both focused on each other instead of the job, who wins?

6. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think there's a winner there.... The worst thing i would ever want is a referall to the neighbor so you would have to cut a large yard for a small price. yikes... this thread will give me nightmares if these situations ever come to my area...

7. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Not good business ethics to slam other companies publicly like that especially over a 30 bucks. Furthermore, it looks like you had a nicer lot to work with

8. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

Business ethics aside? what would you charge?

9. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Kind of what I was thinking. I don't really see anything wrong with the neighbor's yard. It isn't like he didn't trim or scalped it up.

10. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I have one $30 account. It is two small islands in a commercial parking lot. Takes 15-20 min. to push mow, trim, and edge while taking my time.

Your work looks great but for $30!!?? No wonder your competion rushed. He has to mow 20 of those $30 lawns per day just to make a living...