1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by xtremelawns, Mar 30, 2006.

1. xtremelawns

xtremelawns LawnSite Member

So yeah i put about 500 flyers out yesterday to test a neighborhood in New Jersey. and I got like 7 calls in 2 days for new service. But 1 of the calls was a POStal office and they were yelling you cant put flyers anywhere on peoples mailbox's.. I thought u just cant open the mailbox's and i put them under the flags.. Hmmmm. What shall i do now..
  2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Give the estimates and hit another area with a different post office. Make sure you put at least 2000 out before the postmaster calls. When they call, blame it on your hired help and say it will not happen again then go and do those estimates you will get.

Or you can do it with door hangers.:dancing:

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

you should move to pennsylvania
  4. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

your Post Master Does not have anything better to do. I spoke with one In Memphis and he said if you Did not prevent them from delivering the Mail or Put it inside it was OK. I use tape and stick it on the outside havent got in trouble yet put out almost 5000 this Year
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

be thankful they didn't make you retrieve all of them, or make you pay postage
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It is illegal to put them in the box, under the flag, taped to the side of the box or anywhere on the box or post. There are no less than 85 threads concerning the words "post" "office" and "flyer" here on Lawnsite.
  7. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

86 now...:rolleyes:
  8. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

That is ********, who paid for the MB? The post office? I don't think so. In our city....in the new areas of town, they have free standing Post Office boxes along the street, people will come home from work and stop and get their mail. And yet everyone still has mailboxes, they are put there for people like us. There is no law saying you have to have a mail box, but people do. But this is canada.
  9. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Don't worry about it. Just remember not to put them on the mailboxes in that neighborhood again. Or at least till they get a new mailman. It happened to me before and they just give you a warning at 1st. But if you continue to do it, you can get fined or even jail.
    i am not telling you it's ok or even legal to put them on mailboxes, but i still do it. just not in the community where i got caught. This happened years ago and that community still has the same mailman. He is always complaining to the home owners about where i park, how i park, or where i set the bags of leaves when i am cutting grass. They always tell me to pay him no mind, cause he is always complaining about something.