1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker/redmax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

As some of you know, I live in Fort Collins Colorado only several miles from the Walker Mower manufacturing plant. The other day i received a hand written letter from Bob Walker. It read as followed:
    "Dear Nick,
    I received the brochure for your company at my home today. It was very interesting to read your story of starting a lawn care business and having used our mowers. Thank you for featuring the walker as one of the 'quality tools' that you use in your business. In our company, we are very proud to see the walker mower being used by owner/operators to deliver high quality work.
    If you haven't already toured our factory, please stop by for a visit. We wish you continued success in your business -- may the lord bless you.
    Bob Walker, Walker mfg co"
    I dont think Ive ever been so blown away. I have always been loyal to the Walker name brand and it never ceases to amaze me how far this company goes for their customers. . .WOW!
  2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

That was deep.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

so bob walker if a floyd fan
  4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Profound. Leaves me yearning for more.
  5. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Walker- sorry for the cynicism, when your post first came up there was only the Dear Nick on there, I didn't realize you were holding us in suspense. Pretty cool though. Let us know how it goes, and any double secret stuff you see.
  6. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

jaybird, haha ya sorry about that and thanks my friend :p
  7. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Thats pretty sweet. the man himself taking time to write ya.