1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Woww What A Deal!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kory landscaping, Mar 25, 2004.

1. kory landscaping

kory landscaping LawnSite Member

I'm in Northeastern Ohio, and found a newsletter in my mailbox today. It said, cut any lawn for 12.00. So I call them, I told them I have an acre of land that needs mowed. The boy told me that that was just an estimate price(Strike One). I said that not what you have on your newsletter. I also asked him about sales tax and he doesn't charge sales tax (Strike Two). He doesn't Edge or Trim, if you want that service it's more money (Strike Three). Your out Of Here Ha. Ha.

Kory Landscaping
  2. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

He got you to call right he wins, lol.
  3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

depending wether you live in a nice neighborhood or a dump, he'll have more customers than you.
  4. kory landscaping

kory landscaping LawnSite Member

1). He has no permit to pass out newsletters in our city
    2). State Knows him now.

If I Have to Charge Sales Tax Then he's going to..
  5. googleplex

googleplex LawnSite Member

keep his number and give it to ALL the price-shoppers and PITAs. Let them argue with the kid!
  6. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

he may get more business, but who will make more $$??
  7. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

You beat me to it.
  8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

very true.
  9. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

you said boy? a take it he is a young kid?

do you turn in the kids that sell lemonade at the end of your street as well?

wait til your customers get word of you reporting the neighborhood kids into the state. that will b e great for business.....
  10. monkey9197

monkey9197 LawnSite Member
    from NY

complaining about the tax is one thing but telling on him because he was handing out newsletters is sad buddy. if u are a well off company you shouldnt be bothered by little people like him let him learn the lesson the hard way