1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wrapping Crape Myrtles?

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by loser135, Dec 5, 2010.

1. loser135

loser135 LawnSite Member
    from TN

Got them up yesterday. 33 man hrs! I wasn't too sure of the dollar rates some of you were suggesting but now I understand! Took forever to get them up! wurkin- You are absolutely correct. 75' would have been almost impossible. Crapes were pruned (butchered?) back but still needed more as there were tight spacing between some of the limbs. We used the green wire which I agree was best. 6" spacing all that we could get but next year I'll be sure and order 25' sets with 4" spacing. I'll post pics soon. Thanks again for all you help and advice!
  2. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

nothing wrong with 6" spacing..... gives you lots of light, and it doesn't look overly clustered. Do you mind posting a pic? I will try to get some light pics up when I finally get out and grab some pics.
  3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

tight wrapping goes faster with 3 or 4 inch spacing as you can make the gaps between wires greater and have less rotations. 6 inch is for canopy coverage. I found some 9 inch spacing on mini's this year and that would be perfect for smallish trees ( 15-25 footers. ) with 18 inches to 2 foot spacing.
  4. loser135

loser135 LawnSite Member
    from TN

Looks like a million bucks from a distance. Looks good up close too and they are apparently happy so all is well. Thanks for all your help! 7000+ lights.

5. addictedtolandscaping

addictedtolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

they look fantastic!!
  6. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

You did a nice job!
  7. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Great job!! I love those "first time" projects that just seem to turn out fantastic.
  8. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

Wow that looks great!

Maybe next year they'll ask you to do the big one in the center also. :)