1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wrecked my lawn truck ( Pics )

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ElephantNest, Mar 6, 2004.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Here's what some idiot did to me a few hours ago. Decided to call it a day. Got one garden completed, was going to bid another job, and this is the result. I was making a left turn, with turn signal, and some guy tried to speed around me for some reason, T-boning me in the drivers door and behind the bed. Shoved me about 15 feet sideways, door in my side. No injuries, just a bit sore, but the truck is whacked. Can't open the door, window shattered to bits, front end making a funny noise. Ugh. So...how was your day?;)

truck3-6-04.jpg

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

That sucks, at least you're ok!!!!

3. ElephantNest

from La.

Another angle.....ARG!

truck02.jpg

4. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep...that would suck.:angry:
    At least your ok and you will get a new paint job. It was the other dudes fault right?

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

That's terrible. Glad to see you weren't injured though.
    Do you have a spare truck to use while this one is getting fixed?

6. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

At least you now have a reason to retire your Chevy and get a man's truck. LOL.
    Glad you aren't hurt though.
    Lemme guess, the new intersection at wal-mart on Gause??

P.S. I have now saved your number for 3am prank calls. LOL

7. ElephantNest

from La.

LMAO!

Actually, it was Gause, but on the corner of Rue Rochelle. Yep, other guy's fault. I forgot to tell y'all the best part. The officer had us move our vehicles to a parking lot, while he is talking to the other guy, ANOTHER idiot backs out of his parking spot, hits the front of my truck, and drives away.....with a cop standing 20 feet away. I saw my truck rocking, heard a little tap and squeak, looked over and the guy pulls away...just drives on down the road. I'm yelling "Hey! Hey!!", cop is looking at me funny..I told him what happened, but I didn't see any damage at all so I called him off...he had one leg in the door about to chase this guy down. Man, what a day. lol

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

LOL doc-dun prank nes-hes had a bad enough day.

at least insurance should cover it. right?

9. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

I would have just walked into Cuco's and drank the night away after all of that.

Question, did you business name come from Bayou Liberty?

10. ElephantNest

from La.

Insurance, yup...HIS.

Yes, sorta', the name from Bayou Liberty and incorporated the Liberty bell in my newspaper ads. So it's kind of our Liberty and the Bayou Liberty combined. Grew up on that Bayou....will likely die here too.