Wright 32 stander VS. other 32 walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All Pro Lawn Care, Apr 29, 2008.

1. All Pro Lawn Care

All Pro Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I would like to hear from people who have run the Wright 32 compaired to scag, exmark, ect.
    1. How much more productive is the Wright
    2. Time saving
    3. Energy saving for a solo operator ( after 10 to 12 yards walking behind my 32 I'm pretty tired)
    4. Could you add a few more yards a day with this machine

Any other positive and negative things about the Wright 32 that would justify the purchase of it. Being 1500 to 2000 more then most walk behinds..

Thanks,
    LFLC

2. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

The Stander wins on ALL points. Whether it's worth the "extra" cost is your call; how many lawns will you be using it on?

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The 32 has pretty narrow tires on some units and complaints are that you see ruts over long haul....the 36" sentar is a little better.

4. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

ed2hess, Can you get a Wright 36 in a 36" gate? It's overall width is greater then 36", but can you angle it through some way?

Thanks

5. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

My 34" Everride Scoprion FX has some small drive tires and heavy weights in the back for traction, and I did some moist yards today and it didn't rut at all.

6. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Let a few pds of air out of the tires on the 32. The machine is a little beast. You have to get used to the controls not to rut a lawn. The stander is more productive. Less operator fatigue. Ive used both and am a whole lot less tired at the end of a day. Especially when its very hot out. The stander will cost alot more.

7. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I agree, small standers are unbeatable when it comes to productivity!

8. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

How you like the scorpion you bought The closet dealer to us was 45 minutes...Our wrigth dealer is around the corner. :laugh:

9. dbrockner

dbrockner LawnSite Member

The 32 Stander will save you 25 to 40% in cutting time. It is not what the machine costs, it is what it will save you during the life of the mower. The savings in time will quickly pay for the mower, not to mention less wear and tear on your knees, hips, and feet.
    As for rutting, be sure to check your tire pressure. The tire are a little thin to accomodate the with of the mower and the zero turn components. The tire presure should be under 16 psi. This gives you a little floatation on the tires and usually stops any rut problems. Also mow the lawns in a different pattern each time.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I never measured it....but it goes thru the same gates that scag and snapper 36" goes thru.....and I am pretty sure the gates are around 36". Sorry I don't have the unit close to make measurement.