Wright 32"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by natureboy, Apr 1, 2006.

1. natureboy

natureboy LawnSite Member

Looking to replace my 10 year old Toro 32" WB. I'm looking at the Wright 32. Moves quick and smaller overall dimensions than toro. But I hear mixed reviews regarding small tires causing rutting and fixed deck being a pain. Looking for some input. I use the 32 alot so I need something that size.
    Thanks

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We went with the Senter Sport and the 36" deck. We like it a lot, best machine we ever bought!!! The electric start is nice and the new height adj made this machine. Only problem, not enough grease certs!

3. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

love my wright 32". If you know what you are doing you wont have any rutting issues.

4. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

I ordered my Stander in January and will be picking it up in a few weeks. I'm also going to be selling my old 32 inch Toro. I was going to get the new mower last year but I'm happy that I waited becasue they came down in price a fair bit. I guess I'll have to wait and see about any rutting issues.

5. leafitalawn

leafitalawn LawnSite Member

The wright 32" is great. Just run the tires a little lower than suggested for less rutting issues. We avg, 10-12 more yards per day than when we were using a belt 32"...plus the operater fatigue was obviously much less.

6. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not liking the support with wright products. I have emailed them 3x since purchasing my 36" because of the crappy mulch kit I purchased and have yet to recieve a reply

7. natureboy

natureboy LawnSite Member

thanks everybody. So far youve made me want to go get one more than ever. One last thing....hows the height adjustment on the 32. Is it only the front of the deck that can be adjusted. I know there isnt a rapid height adjustment on the 32, at least not in Canada.

8. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

What are you guys paying for them. I am in the same boat with a toro 32, but I can wait a year or two. My dealer has a stander 32 for 4600. Seems high to me

9. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Just mowed my yard tody. Love it!!! The hieght adj. is not bad. you have to move spacers up or down. You dont have to take the whole shaft off either. they have slotted spacers that you pull straight out and slide back in around the castor shaft.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If at all possible take a look at the Sentar Sport 36" with rapid height adjustment....this unit is a winner. We got our three weeks ago and like the machine a lot. But if you got to have 32" to get thru gates this unit won't work.