1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

wright 36 problem! wont cut! HELP!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by doneritelawncare, May 5, 2011.

1. doneritelawncare

doneritelawncare LawnSite Member

I have a wright 36 hydro walk behind ! bought it new about 7 years ago! last summer the mower started cutting bad. Like the grass is pused over instead of cut clean. Tall grass is worse having to go over the spot 2 to 3 times. I have changed to every kind of blade high lift ,mulching, factory, that didnt fix it. Next I REPLACED THE ARM BUSHINGS ON THE DECK TO THE WHEELS. Then the wheels and bairings. New belt! One new pulley. New spindle that was making a racket this spring on the discharge side ! Took it to bob lawerance power eq in asheville (a wright dealer ) told them to fix what ever it was ! They charged me 450.00 for 2 hydro hoses belt ,arm tensioner under the cover! No dice! I have took the cover off while We mow Dont see any problems ! When you cut it left the corner seems to miss a 3 inch wide strip. I have had it . Anyone got any ideas. Compression check had one cyl. at 70lbs and one at 60ish.

2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it possible the deck is warped? How about the clutch?

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Blade Belt tension?

I'm sorry, I just don't know what else to think, other than maybe it's the wrong blade (too short).

4. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

PTo clutch would be a good guess, belt tension, wrong belt maybe? Order the belt from wright.
    Posted via Mobile Device