Wright 36" RH

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KUtravis, Sep 18, 2012.

1. KUtravis

KUtravis LawnSite Member

Just got 2 36" wrights. How well do they mulch? Are the mulching kits worth the money? Anything we should look for when breaking them in?

2. chagh2.0

chagh2.0 LawnSite Member

they mulch ok not as good as the 48 but they do fine when going slow we dont mulch much here but i have the mulch kits for all my standers

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

These sound like questions that you should have asked before you bought them !!

4. KUtravis

KUtravis LawnSite Member

Those where questions I asked but was just wanting advice from fellow professionals not a sales man. We don't mulch that much was just wondering what others thought. I know what questions to ask when purchasing.

5. I have a kit and plate for my 36". I run the plate in summer and kit in winter. I have run the kit in summer and on lush lawns, it was subpar due to all the blowout. BUT, I also have the 15hp motor. The 36" now has an 18hp option and I'm sure those 3 extra ponies would make a world of difference. The plate with stock blades or gators works really well for me in summer and the kit with stock blades or wavy exmarks works well in winter.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

What are you cutting? Mine works decent on St Augustine but on Bermuda the blowout is so bad I took it off. I put on a discharge cover in place of the chute and use it when I have to but other than that I discharge.

7. BeachysLawn

BeachysLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

What he said. The kit works okay but has a super amount of blow out and does not work at all with gators. I haven't tried the wavy blades. The stock blades do okay but still tend to blow leaves etc away from the deck which makes it difficult to leave a fresh looking lawn if you are cutting anything but just grass.