Wright 36" Stander Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fototek1, Jan 21, 2008.

1. fototek1

fototek1 LawnSite Member

I am in New England and was wondering what the best blades are for my Wright 36" stander. I prefer to mulch and was also wondering if the mulching kit was really an asset for this machine or is it a waste of money? Thank you in advance.
  2. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52 Stander with mulch blades (400hrs) and it is awesome. I also got to try their new 53 with a 37 horse engine at the GEI show in Louisville, KY this past Oct. This thing cuts at 14 mph and actualy can pop a wheelly - totally unexpected. These things are awesome. I tried all other mowers for ease of use, turning, if it leaves skid marks (it was very wet and mudding during show) and the Wright was night and day against everybody else (Scag, Toro, Exmark, Scag, Bad Boy, Dixie Chopper, Scag, Dixon, Billy Goat, Scag, ZTR, Hustler, Scag) did I mention Scag - EVERYBODY in Louisville, KY uses a Scag - they dominate the market - why? they last forever and have a great dealer that Services the heack ou of them and takes care of their people. BUT the Stander is leaps and bounds ahead of them in terms of performance as I can show up at the same time as a Scag dude and be in the truck after mowing blowing and cleaning up before these dud get off their sulkies. the Wright Stander is the future of mowing - why forward-backward-in tight spaces and takes up less room on the trailer - but te biggest reason is they are lust as durable if not more so than a Scag - they have it all.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have the Sentar sport with 17hp and have the kit on with outlet blocked year round. The blade we use is the Rotary 2173...it has cutting edge from outside almost to the middle. We have tried a few others and results were bad.