Wright 42" Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ULTIMATE LAWN, May 2, 2003.

1. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

Anyone run the 42" Stander w/17hp Kaw?

Same tractor width as the 36"? Good trimability?

Hows the discharge/ mulching?

Thanks.

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I was about to ask the same thing. Am thinking of buying one later this season:)

3. I have a 36" Stander, if you want hear about that one.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Sure, how do you like it? Do you mulch with it? If so, how does it perform in both mulching and side discharging situations? What engine do you have on it? Thanks.:)

5. Why would anyone spend $5k on a 36” Stander when you could get a 36” Toro Belt-Drive WB for about ½ that? Easy decision on paper, right? Shoot, for just a few hundred dollars more, you can get a 42” or a 52” Stander, look how much more productive those would be. On paper, the 36” Stander looks like a real waste of money. Then last summer I tried one as a hoot … Now all I will say is try one yourself.

As far as side-discharging, I use single Gator Blades. I don’t want the regular blades because they throw grass too far for my purposes. Plus having one style and size of blade that fits on the 52” and the 36” keeps things simple.

Here’s a link to some pictures of mine set up for mulching: http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=43787&highlight=a+question+about+doubles