wright aerocore deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by djk81, Jul 6, 2014.

1. djk81

djk81 LawnSite Member

Looking at all the standons to hopefully purchace one for next season and plan on doing demoes but i am wanting to hear some recent opinions on the cut quality of the aerocore deck. Running an Exmark 48" TT and love it so i'm very leary of moving away from what i know. thanks for your help.

2. mattymax

mattymax LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Once you get it dialed in, it's a great deck. I was at 1/2" pitch and at 1/4" now I can tell it cuts a lot better. I notice it does not like stringy type grasses and stingy high weeds. Some stuff needs double cutting. Performes great in wet thick conditions.

I have no complaints.

Matt
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. djk81

djk81 LawnSite Member

Never bought a new mower but why are they not dialed in from the factory? Why are are scag blades so great. I keep reading about them on here

4. mattymax

mattymax LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I've only used Scags because of all the bad I have heard about the fusions. I don't have first hand experience with them.

Matt
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. turfbuilder

turfbuilder LawnSite Senior Member
    from WI

I've got 4 stander x's and we love them. Aero core deck is just as good as any other deck I've had. I'm gonna trade my other 2 fixed deck Standers for X's this fall. I have no problems with the fusion blades at all.

6. mattymax

mattymax LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I may get a set and try them next year

Matt
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. djk81

djk81 LawnSite Member

So do you think going from a 48" TT to a 48" X would be a good transition for lawns that are between 8000 to 15000 sqft.and i would be getting similer cut quality?

8. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

coming from an exmark, you'll find that that aerocore leaves clippings very long. cut quality is ok once dialed in, as stated above it doesn't like thin stringy grass but it does a great job on nice fertilized lawns