wright.. catcher?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cwmiller928, Mar 10, 2006.

1. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know what the best catcher would be go buy? And how much its gonna cost me? gotta fit a 52inch wright stander. Any help greatly appreciated. Prices would be good to. Is there one for grass and leaves?

2. GStover

GStover LawnSite Member

Not sure if you've checked into Wright's grass gobblers, but I purchased the Jumbo gobbler a few weeks ago, and have used it a few times on leaf clean-ups as well as a few scalping jobs. I was impressed with how well it packed the leaves/grass. I have raptor blades and the Wright mulching kit and it seemed to work out great. The Jumbo holds 4.3 cu/ft of grass which equates to ~ 3.5 bushels. You can also purchase the leaf extender for the Jumbo, which more than doubles it's capacity.

Wright does not, however, recommend using the leaf extension for grass...obvious reason being a weight problem and causing uneven cutting. I paid $202 for the Jumbo, and so far I'm happy with it, albeit with limited use and experience with the product. In addition, I was initially worried about it's weight, but that didn't seem to be an issue. Also, I'm not sure of any after-market bagging systems for the Wright...maybe someone else can chime in on that.

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Check out the Acellerator sponser link at the top of the Lawnsite home page. They are all aluminum built and very productive and much lighter than the Wright products.....also no rust. The Stander they have pictured is actually my old 61"......I traded it for a 52"...... I seldom bag grass but if I do....the Acellerator packs tight and is still managable. They run around $500. I will most likely buy the extender this year for leaves...

D

4. GStover

GStover LawnSite Member

I forgot about the Accelerator...I actually would have considered purchasing it, but my dealer didn't carry it, and I needed one quick. Those who own the Accelerator, however, seem to be very happy with the product. I also understand they have great support, as well as being a sponsor here on Lawnsite.

5. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

is there one for both grass and leaves? thats what i mainly want the most for my money.

6. GStover

GStover LawnSite Member

As DRM mentioned...Accelerator Industries is a sponsor here...just click on their website and the info is there. They have a 6.3 cu/ft catcher that might fit your needs...or check out Wright for their catchers. Only you can decide which best fits your needs and wallet....

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Both discussed here work fine the grass and leaves......

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I've used the Leaf and Grass gobblers on 52" Standers. They work fine. They are kind of heavy when filled with grass or wet leaves. If weight is a concern, you might want to check out the Accelerator like already mentioned.