Wright mfg equipment spy report Seen the best idea ever with my own eyes.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Itsgottobegreen, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well as some of you might know. I have always been a hard core Wright stander lover. But i traded them in for a few Kubota ZD28. I have regretted that for the last 2 years.

Well I got a personally invite to the Wright MFG today. (yes its nice to know the wright people down there. Pun intended) Was told they had something for me. That was all they would tell me. So I drove right there. Kept saying to myself, dude I wonder what heck they want me for.

Well after arriving and meeting with people not to be mentioned. I got a little tour of R and D. They told me no pictures and I am not allowed to say anything to anyone. Or so help me. Which of course in my mind means, tell freaking everyone. Fasted way to do that is lawnsite. So here I am telling ya what i saw. Your going to love this.

They wanted my professional opinion of what I saw. After picking it a part (literately). They had to get a rag to whip the drool off the floor. I couldn't believe what I saw. They had taken every little quirk of the entire wright mower line, solved it and put it all together in one machine. Then they asked me to take it for a spin. This mower is so freaking powerful, with the weight of a 72" deck, pulled a wheelie and held it at 15MPH!!!!!!!!! And the cut at 15mph was the same quilty as the old school standers at 8mph. Best part was there was no vibration and the ride was awesome!! After stopping. I pulled out my check book and asked how much for 2. I want them wright now.

Basically what I took for a spin they called the Stander XT. It was a Combo of the old school standers, stander RH and full size Sentar.
    The machine had:
    72" full floating deck
    Spring loaded operator platform (my back is going to love that vs the old fix deck design)
    16 gallons of fuel
    Ultra heavy duty frame. This sucker has to be like 900lbs but as nimble as a 32" stander.
    And the best part 37 horse power kawiaski motor. (it needs chrome stacks)
    There was a whole lot more too. I could just go on and on.

You guys got to see it. They said the 61" i was looking at was headed to the EXPO next week. They where putting a 52" together for everyone to ride at the show. They also said something about there will be something else for everyone to ride at the show. But it was covered up. You guys have to see this new stander in person. I am so pissed that I can't go.

Then the tour got even better. For all the guys who run walkbehinds and have velkes. The velke 2 is getting bigger tires. But the best part is the new Velke. Its got suspension built into it. Plus the bigger tire helps too. The whole set up it twice as heavy duty vs a regular velke. But it still retains its full 360 degree swivel ability. I tried to steal one.

Plus of course I got to see a bunch of other stuff that looked like a pile of parts but they are up to something. I got an idea of what it will be. I hope its what I am thinking it will be.

Anybody has questions just ask.

2. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i want a velke with suspension. in fact i will take two!!!

3. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I am sure that the machine is impressive but I would think that most guys would go with a rider if it was a 72 inch cut. I very rarely see any company's in this area run any wright standers with a 61 inch deck. Everything is 52 inch and under. Wright standers big selling point is the are small and compact and can get into tight spots a ZTR can't.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well this machine will defently be cheaper than a ZTR. But they are building it in a 52", 61" and 72". With the super wide wheel base they will handle hills even better that the old ones did. So if you have a 4 acre lawn at a 25 degree bank this would be the machine. Plus where can you get 37 hp on a 61" deck. My current mowers are 28hp on a 60" deck and its not enough.

5. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Please do. Love to hear more.

6. loom-gen

loom-gen LawnSite Member

With all the kudos to the new machine, you have to wonder if someone's gettn a freeby. I have wrights but only for the small stuff. I need the big zt's for their versitility. Big leaf hoppers, pulling power (without the weel hops) for rollers and aeraters, sitting instead of standing, floating deck. ect

7. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell us more, you got me EXCITED. More info PLEASE! Where's the EXPO, if any of you guys go please take lots of pics.

8. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

Please take lots of pics! Our expo isn't until January.

9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

its about time they relized they needed bigger tires on the velkie! glad i waited to but another sulkie. almost bought a jungle wheeles but i like the light wt of the wright desighn.

10. jdlen

jdlen LawnSite Member

How about a half stander/half sitter with back support, over the deck positioning for unparalleled visibility and drive by wire with traction control hyd system.

It's nice to see some power finally! several manufacturers are increasing HP a lot.