Wright Mfg. - Grass Gobbler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TPLawnPro, Mar 17, 2007.

1. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Since I am running mostly Wright Stander mowers, I ran into issues where I needed to bag some of our lawns, especially those with lots of oak tree leaves. So, I went ahead and ordered the Grass Gobbler Jumbo for my Wright Stander 36" RH from Alamia.com.

One word to describe the Wright Grass Gobbler - Excellent!

It wasn't a bad process at all to empty the catcher. For me, it is a lot easier to empty the Grass Gobbler than it is to dump the bag of a 21" Toro commercial mower.

Thanks to Wright Mfg. for another innovative product! :weightlifter:

2. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont' know about innovative.......

Not a bad bag but they just don't hold up well. They tend to rust and the welds fail in my opinion. They are cheaper then some of the competition, but I feel that the Accelerator Bag is the best on the market.

6 years, no rust, corrosion problems, no welds falling apart.

And they are light as hell!!

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

How does the price compare and does it fit without a lot of problems on the Wright. We are thinking about getting a bagger device.

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I'm sure the Accelerator is the best, but it's so darn expensive. My local dealer wants over $900 for the XL and leaf extension. I'll stick with my leaf/grass gobblers since they are paid for.

5. Frosty03

Frosty03 LawnSite Member

I too agonized over the price on the Accellerator. However, I then decided to put a price on my back from dumping a steel gobbler. No contest.

I have the Accellerator with the leaf extention. Sure they are quite a bit more, but for me and my back, it was worth it. They are light and with dry leaves, a cinch to dump and back on quickly for another pass.

I hated to spend the money, but...I only have one back and it's worth it.

No Rust. The gobbler I borrowed from a friend was a year old and rusted as heck...it probably had maybe one more year of life left.

Oh yeah...the handles are way more convenient for dumping. You can just about grab it anywhere.

6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Are you asking about the Gobbler or the Accelerator? The Gobbler will fit without any brackets or anything. Just flip the chute up and put it on. The Accelerators I dunno about, may wanna ask in their forum on here if they have one that fits a wright machine without any brackets and what not.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Well $800 is a little pricey for us too....what is the price on gobbler? We only use these things in the fall when we strip bermuda to the ground and we dump it on the ground and workers bag it up.

8. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a grass packer- it's plastic but solid, light, easy to empty and closer to 300$ more or less I think. Mine are on JD gs30s, not sure about wright mowers, but I think they's fit most mowers since the opening can be made larger. Thinking of getting a sentar myself.

9. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

They range from $185.00 - $210.00 - Alamia.com

10. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

The Gobblers are available in 2 sizes. However the ones that fit the Wright Mowers only come in the larger size. They list for 225 I think.

That 800 the other guy was talking about is for the catcher and extenders and such to increase volume for leaf pickup.

This is available for the Goblers as well...probably push the total up to 400-500 depending on what you get. They have some Turbo 10 thing...I forget that is really pricey.

LOL, I just looked, the prices are right on their website: www.wrightmfg.com