Wright Mfg.'s Pricing Increases

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J. Bret Holder, Aug 14, 2006.

1. J. Bret Holder

J. Bret Holder LawnSite Member

*trucewhiteflag*

For those of you that are interested in purchasing Wright Commercial Mower products - you are probably familiar with the company's Channel Partner Discount Program.

Here's an example. As of yesterday, Sunday, August 13th, 2006, you could purchase a Wright Stander 36" mower, via the CPDP, for $5,845.68. As of this morning that price has increased to $5,960.68.

It appears that the price increases apply to all of there mowers. In all actuality, Wright Mfg. has increased the MSRP of all its mowers.

Just wanting to give you all a heads-up just in case you are in the market to purchase Wright products - as I am.

Keep on kickin' grass fellas!

2. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah...best time to purchase a Wright mower is during the winter.

It's either a 14 or 18% discount.

3. J. Bret Holder

Looks like Santa Clause and the deer are going to have some extra freight that they weren't counting on this December.

Hopefully Wright Mfg. won't price themselves right out of the industry by Christmas time? If they keep on increasing their prices, they'll be within the Walker Mower GHS price range, based on cost vs. value ratio.

Exmark must be loving Wright's price increases right now. As long as Exmark doesn't increase their prices, as did Wright Mfg., they should expect some decision-breaking customers to head in their direction.

The only way to order highly sales-taxed mowers these days is to go through an online outfit to avoid sales tax. Hell, that's probably been the norm for a while anyhow.

Don't get me wrong. I strongly :walking: believe in pumping money back in to my local economy, but not when it can save me almost $1,000.00 in tax w/ Free Shipping by ordering online.

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

6k for a 36" Stander?:dizzy:

5. J. Bret Holder

I can appreciate how Wright Mfg. is developing their patented mowers, but for God's sake, they need to take it easy on the prices.

I sincerely feel that a fair price for the Wright Stander 36" w/ Rapid Height Adj. should be around $5,400.00 M.S.R.P.

The Channel Partner Discount Price ought to be around $4,799.00

Oh well, I suppose that since I'm not sitting in the big chair up there in Frederick, Maryland, I guess I don't have a say-so.

;)

6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

He must be looking at a higher end model with a larger engine/electric start and maybe the rapid height adjust.

We have a 36" with 15 HP pull start here that is just over 4900 with tax.

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what I was thinking, I did'nt pay that for my 52" with a 25hp Kawi in 2005.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Probably the sentar sport, with rapid height adj., starter, 17hp Kaw, a seat. That is about what we paid...good machine, overpriced.

9. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just at my dealer, cause Im in the market for a second 52 stander.
    52 stander, 25 kawi, elect start, NO rapid height adjust....6100 and change.