Wright mid mount ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jknowles4, Jun 25, 2007.

1. jknowles4

jknowles4 LawnSite Member

Anyone have or demoed this mower. It looks pretty good but I am wondering if the 25 horse Kawi is enough power for the 61". All advise, info, will be appreciated!!

2. jknowles4

jknowles4 LawnSite Member

Nobody???? I am looking seriously at this mower but haven't heard of anyone running them. I have a 36" stander and like it but don't know. My other option is a super Z hustler. I plan on demoing them both before I buy but just wanted some input from people that use either machine.

3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't run one, but we have a john deere 757 with the 25 kawi and power is adequate.

4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess Wright doesn't want to sell these mowers because I haven't heard crap about them. My new cub tank has a 25hp Kaw and the power is decient.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

There still being field tested

6. mcduff48

mcduff48 LawnSite Member

The new mid from Wright is really a pretty good machine from what I have seen. The 25 Kaw is plenty of HP to make the machine perform as you would expect. The fact that it is about 300 lbs. lighter that the same size competition gives it a real edge on hills. It doesn't break traction as quickly as it's heavier counterparts. I have had more than one Lazer user convert after trying one on their jobs. Take a look at where the engine sits...a whole lot lower than other units on the market. If you get the opportunity to try one....do it! I am also a Toro and Grasshopper dealer and I honestly found this unit innovative and worth a second look.:usflag:

7. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

My old dealer has been selling them for a year. Hes not selling them for tests either. He claimed they were in full production. I remember he told me he saw a HUGE spindle problem with them. He called Bill Wright (I think thats his name) and told him he wasn't selling any more unless they came up with a fix... I guess they did. If I haaadn't gotten such a good deal on my Cub Tank I would have looked closer at them.

8. John Gamba

from ct

9. John Gamba

from ct

Thanks Dealer:usflag:

10. Sym

Sym LawnSite Member

Newbie post!

I have a 48 inch with a 21 HP Kaw engine...Overall, I love the machine...great cut....does well on hills (I have several yards that slope in front of lakes and have never slid into water) in 10 months...I have over 400 hours on it and have had to replace two spindles. Both were covered by warranty though.

I would by another one...especially if they fix the spindle issue..Although I think I'd go with a 48 inch Sentar because.....

I also run a 36in Sentar Sport with a 17hp Kaw engine. Had it a year with 100 plus hours and have had absolutely no problem with that

Hope this helps..