Wright Mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnsmithcare, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

What are some pros and cons about them and are they any good, hows the striping, cut ext.

2. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i have a couple of velke mowers. i think they are the best bang for the buck. very easy to maintain and operate. the only con i can think of is the controls are tough on the hand muscles (like writers cramp) until you get those muscles built up. then it is no problem at all. i am going to buy another 48 very soon........clay

3. Lawnsmithcare

Thanks I was looking into more or the wright stander more then the wb but thats good to know.

4. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Wright standers are expensive but in my opinion they are the best bang for the buck. Remember your application though I only do lawns around 10,000sf give or take a few k. Their fast, efficient, have rapid height adjustment, electric start, easy to handle even on hilly terrain, don't take up a lot of trailer room. I've never had a problem with hands getting tired I can even operate one with one hand if necessary but I always use both hands. I've had sulkies, belt drive, other types of hydros this machine is the best for me hands down.

5. Lawnsmithcare

Cool thank how well do they stripe

6. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

they stripe well, but I would be more concerned with the productivity

7. Lawnsmithcare

Well yeah I am thinking about getting the 32inch for smaller yards and gates it would be replaceing my 52inch wb because I already have another walkbehind besides the 52inch.

8. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52" Stander forsale.

Purchased last spring. $4,000

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

These Wrights are high productivity mowers .....put any kind of drag device you can find if you want to smash the grass.

10. Lawnsmithcare

Well I am selling my tor wb for like 2,300 or so and then I need to come up with the other 2,000 but I would be interested in you mower but I don't have all the money but when i do i will let you know and see if its still for sale.