1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

wright or gr8 dane?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luv of green, May 18, 2002.

1. luv of green

luv of green LawnSite Member

well i know i am getting a new stander but do i go wright or great dane i will be purchasing the 52 inch model the deadler i work wth now carries the wright and his comp carries the surfer wat do yall gthink thanks
  2. GrassChopper

GrassChopper LawnSite Member

If it isn't Wright,
    it isn't right.
  3. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

I tested both- the GD did not have a solid feel. The new John Deere version was even less reassuring.

The WS was solid, no muss no fuss. Fit my hieght well, and is fun to drive with out being worn out by the end of the day.

By the way, if you are 6' or under you might investigate the Sentar. If I was shorter I probably would have gotten the Sentar for the increased speed and flexability of sitting and standing (plus a floating deck).

4. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I have demoed Wright and used a friends Surfer. I like the Wright much better. I am now trying to get rid of my chariot to get a Sentar.
  5. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

I have a 61" sentar with the 25hp and it is great
    I love the quick adjust height is great for the spring when we have lots growth. I have been in business for 20 years and I think this is the best allround mover ever.
  6. EHesseyLawns

EHesseyLawns LawnSite Member

dont buy a great dane
  7. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I concur.

I have 1st hand experience with the Dane and THEY SUCK!
    (Do a search for my sorry experience.)
  8. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

cant really make a comment about the stander or not, but we have 4 chariot jrs. and a new scamper walkbehind. all of which have performed "flawlessly".........