Wright Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Patriots, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Your opinions on your purchase please. I was really impressed with the Wright Velkey 32 15hp Kohler. Have y'all ever regretted your decision to go with a Wright.

Thanks.

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Love my Standers, hands down. :)

3. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Stander---2 thumbs up
    Velke--2 thumbs up
    Sentar--Boat anchor...please ship them to Irag

4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

You have to talk to Itsgottabegreen. :)

5. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Last I heard, he was gonna buy a Grasshopper?

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I agree. Well the sentar part would be the old sentar 1's and 52" sentar sports. And that damn seat on them. (my reason for selling mine and the 61" scalping problems because they used a 52" frame)
    Not sure at this point, but most likely. Need a real bagging unit. The turbo 10 catcher for the wrights just ain't cutting it. :angry:

But as for the 32" velke. Wright build the first one for me. Because I got to see one of the first 36" velke mowers. I told them the only way I would buy one, is for them to make a 32" version. I didn't think they would do it. But two weeks later. I got a call saying there is one here for me. But I declinded. Didn't have the payup Its a good machine. Be personally would spend the extra money and get a 32" stander.

7. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I've had a lot of fuel problems out of my Sentar. Carb has been rebuilt 4 times(machine has 550 hrs.) Also, it does scalp... bad. On the good side, it had plenty of power (when it will run) and is compact. Also, I like the fact that I can stand up and operate it. I have to say that most of the problems have been engine related, not the machine it's self. My next purchase from Wright will be a stander.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Try the accelerator.
    John

9. bmxican

bmxican LawnSite Member

I test drove one of these just around the parking lot at 2Boutdoors in NRH. is this where you saw one? I wasn't sure what to think about the controls. it seemed like going forward was all controlled with only your thumbs on the rear bar. Is this right or is there a different method. I thought my thumbs would probably fall off after the first or second yard. then you had to change to a different hand position to go backwards, not real efficient. Any Velke mower owners out there who can enlighten me about the controls, are they comfortable after you get used to them? also how is the cut compared to a stander?
    the way the velke fits up into the control area and has a release lever was very cool, it looked nice and clean and out of the way for walking.

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Thats still a bagger. I need a vac unit.