Wright parts availability.

Discussion in 'Wright Manufacturing, Inc. (Archived)' started by Mark Lawncare, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Mark Lawncare

Mark Lawncare LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a 2009 48" rapid height stander. It is a great mower that has a leaky hydro tank vent cap. The only way to fix it was to order a whole new hydro tank as the one provided from the factory was faulty and was not addressed by the previous owner. The replacement was ordered on 10/15/12 and won't be at the dealer until 10/26/12, that is two weeks. Is this typical for Wright parts? I can't imagine waiting this long for other parts and will never buy a new Wright mower if this is how long it takes for parts to arrive. Thank you for any insight.

2. Does this dealer carry wright?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

Whenever I have ordered parts through my local wright dealer, he has always had them within a week. And he's barely a wright dealer, he doesnt keep any mowers in stock.

4. Mark Lawncare

Yes they are a Wright dealer. Maybe this part is taking longer because it is a revised version of the original hydro tank? Not sure just hope other parts don't take so long.

5. Hmm not sure then. Might just be a part that isn't stocked much vs an air filter or fuel filter...
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Mark Lawncare

Just to update, the new hydraulic tank has not arrived. I called Wright and they didn't offer much of an explanation. Something about factory backorder, another way of saying they don't have it. How it can take this long (almost one month) to get a hydraulic tank is beyond me. My next stand on mower will most likely be a Scag V-Ride.

7. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, still no tank. This seems out of the ordinary for them. My experience on getting parts has always been fast. I would be pissed too though. Maybe the EXPO tied them up.

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

They don't seem to have anyone monitering, and responding to posts on this forum either. Maybe they are too busy sucking up to J.D., now that they are building mowers for them.

9. WrightCommercial

WrightCommercial Inactive

Mark Lawncare,

We manufacture the tanks in house and use them everyday in production. Give us a call directly (301-360-9810) so we can get the dealer information and find out why the dealer has not gotten a tank. We will ship directly to the dealer if we have to to get your mower taken care of. I could understand a backorder for a vendor supplied part but not one we manufacture.

Best Regards
    Wright Mfg.

10. Mark Lawncare