Wright & Redmax demo today...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnprosteveo, Dec 3, 2007.

1. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Well, not truly a demo. A buddy and I teamed up on a couple of really big properties to do some leaf mulching. He has a new Redmax 8001 and a Wright Sentar Sport 48".

This is my two cents on them.

The Redmax is HUGE..but once it is strapped on, it wasnt too noticeable. When there was a big tall pile of leaves, it shined...great for that. But when I was trying to get back into some shrubs, I felt myself trying to stretch the nozzle....it has a really short nozzle compared to my Shin EB630. It also seemed less effective blowing those half rotted leaves that are entangled in the grass that has grown around them. The best way I can describe it is this....the Redmax is a "shotgun" and the Shin EB630 is a "rifle."...if that makes sense...

The Wright hydraulics are SMOOOOTH. Handles like a champ. Gets in and out of tight spots.....BUT so does my Deere Quik Trak...only my Deere doesnt RUT! This thing left what I can only describe as ruts.....you could see where the tires were....not so with my Deere.

This is just my observations...dont make em right, dont make em gospel, Just my 2 cents.:usflag:

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like he took a section of the tube off the RedMax. I often remove one or both of the tubes myself. It's awesome to have a blower that can actually 'work' without the tubes.

I remove them for beds and getting started on jobs. It allows me to build a 'dune' of leaves more easily... then I have something that can catch the full speed power and can put the tubes back on.