1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright Sentar and Stander Prices??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gatewayuser, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this a good price 60" Wright Sentar 25hp kaw with 900hrs for $3500 and a Wright 52" Stander with a 23hp kaw and with 500hrs for $4700. How do they stripe and cut? Are you able to get a striping kit for them? Thanks :waving:
  2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody, anybody at all.
  3. ITL

ITL LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

The price would depend on how the equipment was used and maintained. Do they have maintenance records that show they took care of the equipment per the requirements. The other major factor is how was the equipment used. Things like being left outside, was it strapped to trailer or allowed to bounce, did they run it into obstacles, what do deck and spindles look like. Hard to say without knowing the many details. Now that we close to winter check out the channel partner pricing for winter delivery. Compare the new price with warranty to the used pricing. Sometimes it is less expensive in the long run to a new unit than take a risk with used equipment. Concerning the Stander difference, IIRC the 52/23 Stander lists for $7004 with the best channel partner pricing of around $5770. I would likely pay the extra $930 for a new machine with waranty and no hours used up on machine.
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

yes, good prices. not great but goog. I sold a 52/19 w. ~375 hrs for $4000.

Some cut great, some dont. There is no rhyme or reason why they do. Ive had 2 standers, one 48 and one 52. Neither was an outstanding cut. The company that bought my 48 has 5 others. Their other 5 cut great, my old one still sucks. They matched all the settings and it changed nothing. They cant figure it out, so now it goes to the crew who leaves last in the morning (no joke, they all hate it). The short of it is that there are mowers that cut much better out there and i guess somewhere there are some that cut worse (maybe).