Wright Sentar Issues

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by br549oicu8, Jul 9, 2005.

1. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same story now thread as the old one got out of hand and was locked.
    No comment on that.
    SO I will continue my quest for Wright Mfg. to accept the fact that they have sold me a lemon and to do something fair about it.
    Please folks keep this thread inline. I tried but it got out of hand according to the moderator and I am the one losing again. My intent is to keep pressure going for Wright to come to the table and agree on a settlement that is fair. To date they have made 2 offers wich I did not feel were adequate but it did tell me they are feeling somewhat that something needs to be done.
    I know we both want this to end but I am just not ready to throw in the towel and drive the Sentar into the river. Almost......but not quite!! hahaha

2. cushman

cushman LawnSite Member
    from se pa

If the drive problems were fixed on your old machine, would it then be a functional mower?

3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Is Wright Legally or Just.... In Your Opinion.... Morally Responsible for Your Poor Sentar ?

4. cushman

cushman LawnSite Member
    from se pa

If the drive system was replaced and the machine still did not drive of course Wright should be responsible, if nothing else as a parts warranty issue.

If a component fails and the machine is out of warranty, Wright has no responsibility to repair the machine for free. However, if the machine will not work to some reasonable degree as originally designed, I think Wright has at least a moral obligation to provide updated parts that will render the machine operable. Maybe not for free, but for some reasonable cost, perhaps at the price Wright pays for the components.

5. br549oicu8

The rest of the machine is fine to answer the 1st question.
    To answer the 2nd question I believe they are responsible as a reputable company to make some fair adjustment. Not sure if I would say morally or legally. I guess the issue here is a matter of principle.
    Keep in mind the machine had a short parts only warranty and the other one I bought wasn't too bad. We did spend some money on it in less than 50 hours but I never asked for anything from Wright. This one however has been a money pit since we got it.
    It is most likely easier to absorb if the money came out of your pocket. No offense by that comment but I am sure most will understand that..

6. cushman

cushman LawnSite Member
    from se pa

In 30+ years of working with dozens of equipment manufacturers, they all have had reps that will come out and diagnose problems that the dealer can't fix.

If you replaced the drive system, and it still didn't work, and it's a late model machine, it should have been time for a Wright rep to look at the machine.

You can't expect a prepetual warranty, but you can certainly expect a reputable manufacturer to provide parts and service that make the machine actually work.

There is a such thing as an implied warranty, ie, mowers should mow, drive systems should drive, etc.

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

have you checked about a lemon law yet? if it is a lemon, you may have many more options depending on your state.

8. br549oicu8

I think the lemon law may not apply here. I do not plan to take the legal avenue. I still have hope for an equitable offer from Wright.
    Maybe I am dreaming but..hey...that would be the wright thing for them to do.

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

br,if you don't mind me asaking what have they offered? And I don't want this to get off topic and get locked but, Fareway you need to take your $.02 out of this.

10. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

why not take the legal route? if you can PROOVE that there are known problems with these units, and it was not disclosed, you can probably get them to give you your money back. I would at least talk to a lawyer and see if you have a good case. after all, it's $5000 that would be lost other wise.

btw, is it only the drive system that is going bad? do you know what is going on, and why it is breaking?