1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright Sentar mowers????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jccordes2, Jul 8, 2004.

1. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

I see quite a few around and have seen there website. Ayone have any advice ? Are these good mowers?? they look very compact.
  2. Goodguy001

Goodguy001 LawnSite Member

very good mowers and very productive
  3. trimmerhead

trimmerhead LawnSite Member

My advice....Buy one!
  4. hartslawnmain

hartslawnmain LawnSite Member

I've heard of 'em too but I hear they're fixed decks so they're hard to adjust height from Bermuda to Fescue for example. I hear the Great Dane Super Surfers are "floating" deck and have adjustable decks. I don't speak from experience, just what I've heard on here. I do see the crew that does our apartment complex on Wrights and they will fly.
  5. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

The sentars adjust very easily..its the standers that have the fixed deck.
  6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Too bad they don't make them with a 42" deck. The fixed deck is the only thing holding me back from buying a Stander.
  7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have one. Cuts great. A lot of power. Can hold hills better than any other ZTR. I only wish I bought a 52" instead of the 61" So I can use it with the two standers I have on the same jobs. I might trade or sell it for a 52" model. I heard something about a 36" sentar. I guess we will just wait and see.

For compactness. I can get two 52" stander and a 61" sentar and get them on a 14' trailer and still be under its load limit. You can only get two regular ZTR on a 14' trailer and mostly likely over its load limit.
  8. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

so the Wright standers have the fixed decks??
    and the Wright Sentars are floating?
    Are are the Sentars the ones you sit behind the mower?
  9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Try one of each and used it for 4 hours. You will hate it for the first 15 mins, then you will love it after 4 hours. Trust me. I have seen more people buy standers and sentars this way.