wright sentar parts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rmland, Jan 31, 2007.

1. rmland

rmland LawnSite Member

I just bought a used 2004 sentar and my local dealer, well let's just say I avoid his shop when possible. Any one know where i can order new parts: anti-scalp wheels, new gas tank, hydro filters,etc.
    thanks

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Any Wright dealer should be able to help you out if they can ship them to you or whatever.

If you cant find anyone closer shoot me a PM.

3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

J Thomas .com they have Wright parts

4. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Which model Sentar did you purchase? Is it a 52" with the 23hp Kawasaki? What are your first impressions?

5. rmland

rmland LawnSite Member

yes, 52 with 23 hp. I have been trying it out some and will definitely need practice tracking straight!!!

6. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Does J-Thomas have Sentar parts? All I can find is Stander stuff.

7. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, it does take some getting used to in order to manipulate these machines so that they will travel straight. Once you get the hang of it though, you will master the controls. :walking:

Good luck!

8. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

rmland - where did you get the sentar from? I was looking at one with the same spec?
    What did you pay? hours? PM if you prefer...

9. rmland

rmland LawnSite Member

I got it from a local landscaper who advertised in the paper. It is a 52 with 23hp, 900 hrs for $2500. Seems to be in great shape and ready to go. I deal with a lot of hills and have 36 and 48 hydro WBs. I will keep those but hope to be using that flip down seat on the setar for my big less steep accouts.
    Good luck

10. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you got a great deal!! Congrats. Does it have the 1 or 2 belt deck design?

I'm sure that the anti-scalp wheels are the same as on the Stander so J-Thomas has the parts for them. Not sure about the gas tank. Give them a call...if they don't carry it they can still order the original OEM from Wright for you. More money but it's not your dealer...