1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright Sentar Price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grayghost_32, Apr 1, 2003.

1. grayghost_32

grayghost_32 LawnSite Member

I demoed a Wright Sentar yesterday at my treatment plant.By far the best hill mower I've ever used.Only other mowers I've used are Zippers and out front Grasshoppers.The Wright has a 61 " deck 25hp kaw.Dealer priced it at 7099.00.IS that about right?
  2. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

That's a good in season price if you ordered in dec you could have saved a few hundred. I love my sentar- 61 inch 25 hp
  3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure is for inseason like Lawn & Stump said...I got the same one for a hundred less a month ago.
  4. grayghost_32

grayghost_32 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help.My banker is writing another mower check.My wife is nervous again.LMAO

LANDGUARD LawnSite Member

I was quoted 6500 before tax about a month ago.
  6. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

Yes, that's right on the $. I went to a trade show in jan. that was the price i was givin'.
  7. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure that you demo this machine BEFORE you buy!

I found it to be very uncomfortable and bad on hills.

I know now why they named it Sentar.....the little seat hits you in the "Sentar" of your butt!!

Buy a standard z-rider....you will be way ahead in the long run!!
  8. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I agree with Echo rules. This machine is fun to play on, and has many neat characteristics....butt, there is the butt thing. Maybe they changed the seat this year, I don't know, but I would not want to ride on it for long periods of time. If you are mowing big wide open areas, especially if they are not smooth, I would look at a Super Z or something. Get the suspension seat, and I doubt any mower in it's class can hold a candle to it on a hill. The Super is easier to maintain, way better on hills, faster, easier to work on, more comfortable, and 1000 other things then the Sentar. I think the Sentar is fun and has alot of promise, but when comparing it to a good Z, it is no contest in my opinion.

9. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

They in fact did change the seat as well as the alignment for standing to make it more comfortable. The seat has a more beefed up suspension as well. Other new features are bigger wheel motors and a hydro oil cooler. Personally I liked the size and appearance compared to a rider ZTR as well as the ability to stand when needed.

As for $6500 was that for the 61" with 25HP Kawi? If so, that was a good price. Or was it with the 23 HP Kawi?
  10. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

Best hill machine that I have ever used. Great on open area's as well. They did change the seat to a big cushy style one. One thing that I liked is that you can jump off and on vey easily. I found the cut to be as good if not better than my z's. I also like the way that the eingine comes up and down with the deck. Very comfortable ride. I did hear that they are in short supply with kawi engines. The new sentar seems to be about 13 mph. Almost too fast. They also said that they changed the pumps to a larger pump. A large scaper did a time study with it and told my dealer that he saved 18-20 % time than his z riders. I could see that if he has alot of burms and hills.