Wright Sentar Sport Fuse problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by theWRIGHTcut, Jul 6, 2008.

1. theWRIGHTcut

theWRIGHTcut LawnSite Member

so TWICE in the past month my wright sentar sport 36" has blown fuses... the same fuse each time... it's a 20 amp fuse and luckily it's the only amp fuse i had in my truck... i had about 5 of em :dancing:... it took me a while to figure it out the first time it happened and i was bummed becuase i was in a softball field i mow and all i could think is how the hell am i gonna push this outta here? but luckily i got it... and this most recent time it happened i knew exactly what to do... but if anyone could tell me a thought on this occurance i'd appreciate it... here's my thought... the foot pedal that you have to have down in order to run the mower when the pto is up must do alot of up and down when i'm mowing this field... it's kinda bumpy... could this be like if you turned a lightswitch on and off too much then the bulb blows? or do i need to write wright manufacturing co a letter concerning this? lol someone help me out!

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You better start looking for a short. If you are running fast enough to bounce the safety switches that isn't good on the hardware. That means either the engine or maybe the engine and clutch are going off/on. Better take that switch out or slow down.

3. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Look under the control panel and see if there is a giant ring terminal that is used as a ground and see if it is mounted between the ignition switch mounting nut and the control panel. If it is that style you are having grounding issues. Wright has a new wire harness that will repair your problem. Take it to your dealer and have them replace it.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Can you describe what the problem is? Lack of a good ground?

5. themowerman

from NJ

Basically yes.....They released a new wire harness for that machine if it has the giant ring terminal between the key switch and control panel. The giant ring terminal does not get a good enough ground being mounted between the switch and panel.

6. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

I just had this problem.The fuse holder was no good,its a cheap repair.

7. themowerman

from NJ

Siklid1066....check to see if you have the big grounding ring under your key switch.......

8. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

would this also make your switch quit working? I am having the same problem I blew a few fuses and replaced them but now switch will not work and I had to jump solenoid to start on friday afternoon? Help with this also would it be killing battery?

9. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Thats what I see most often on Wrights. The fuse holder or the wires a couple inches away from the holder. When its the wires, you can grab the fuse holder and pull it off the harness taking like 2 inches of wire with it. Why they dont mount the fuse holder to something is beyond me.

10. theWRIGHTcut

theWRIGHTcut LawnSite Member

what size fuse is this? just so I know, I've been using a 20, i hope that's right and it's not supposed to be a 30.. hasn't happened to me in a while. but then again the season is just gettin rollin lol