Wright Sentar Sport

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by r.eckley, Mar 29, 2005.

1. r.eckley

r.eckley LawnSite Member

Been wanting a small Z to replace my dixon, stopped by my dealer today and noticed a 36" WRIGHT SENTAR SPORT. Tried it out and really liked it. I wonder if anybody has one yet?
    I was leaning toward a GRAVELY 34". Z. Before i get ripped for buying a small deck Z ,i use it to trim around stones in cemetery. The WRIGHT has 17 h kaw. & is more money than GRAVELY. Soon as weather cooperates i will demo both.
    Thanks Dick

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

The 17 / 36 Sentar Sport is an awesome machine. I know a few guys who have the 52", and really like them. We run the Wright Standers on our crew as well. I have heard a lot of guys with complaints on the 34 Z Gravely, namely traction / hillside issues. I can tell you if you are going to be cutting around lots of headstones, demo the Sentar Sport. You get agility, visibility, speed, and the option to sit on open areas. If the seat is anything like the Sentars, it's very comfortable for long days of cemetery work.

3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

" I have heard a lot of guys with complaints on the 34 Z Gravely, namely traction / hillside issues"......

ANY rider with a narrow track will have issues holdind a slope..ANY brand, includind the Wright! It's a compromise you must make if you want or need a narrow mower.

The Gravely is an EXCELLENT machine, and I'll bet the Wright is too. I've used a 34z Gravely for a day, and I'm familiar with Wrights. Either will be fine. But they are niche machines, made for passing through narrow openings.

If you want to mow steep slopes, you will need a wide track rider, WB, or a Stander.