1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright Sentar/Sport

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnprosteveo, Feb 16, 2007.

1. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I am seriously considering buying Wright's Sentar Sport. It has a 48" deck and a 19hp kawasaki...rapid height deck adjust...

Looks like it could mow a ton of grass and do well on the smaller to midsize properties I do.

Anyone else looking at these or care to voice an opinion?
  2. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

I think I am going to buy the 36
    I would buy the 48 or 52 if I didn't already have an emark
    I do like the stander

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

4. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know what the deal with wright sentar sports and the smaller engines. Im seeing that they offer a 19hp for a 52inch more, I know they have more engine options but for some reason thats all that im seeing being sold. I wish they would offer a larger engine for 52/61 inch mower. I know they offer a 23/25 which really are the same engine for their larger mowers. i think 19hp is underpowered for a 52 inch mower.
  5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I had a Toro Z with a 52" deck and a 19hp kawasaki. I never thought it was underpowered. But I never really mowed anything that was over a weeks growth. My dealer also said the Kawasaki 19hp they are building now is comparable to a 21hp motor. Maybe blowing smoke up my skirt but it seems to have power.
  6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have had the 36" Sentar Sport with a 17hp for about one year and like it. Wish they had greasable spindles ....and watch to be sure the hydraulic lines don't rub on anthing. Due to deck going up/down it is hard to keep them from being worn through.