Wright Sentar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NoDownTime, Apr 4, 2001.

1. NoDownTime

NoDownTime LawnSite Member

I know this a new machine. Has anyone had any experience with it, good or bad. I sat on one at the landscaping show and I liked the design of it, especially the ability to change the deck height so quickly. Any of your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

2. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

That going to be my next new mower. the other manufactures
    just keep making the stuff some engineer designs that has never ran a lawn business. Bill Wright has had 400 lawns or so at a time he knows what a mower has to do.and he stands behind his product.

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i have one but have not used it yet

i will keep you updated , next week i will have some feed back!

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

The only complaint that I had about this machine besides the enormous price for the 52" only available cut, was the height of clearance for your boots to slide under the platform when sitting down on the unit.

I thought it was just too tight a fit for my steel toed boots for my comfort levels. I actually had to keep my heels off the back of the unit to accomodate a comfortable foot stance, that truely was not all that comfortable.

One of the local municipalities has purchased one here locally, and I will chat with them this fall to get their reviews. If they give it the thumbs up, I will be looking into the 61 for next year when they come out.

Just my .02
    Kris

5. Southern901

Southern901 LawnSite Member

I had the chance to demo both the Sentar and the ShortCut about 2 weeks ago. While the Sentar is a nice machine, I personally felt that the ShortCut was more comfortable,especially with the backrest attachment. Plus I felt more secure with the steering controls since it would not let me oversteer and make sudden and unexpected movements. Also, I was able to try both units on a hill and the ShortCut had more traction sideways and upwards...except going straight downhill and then you are only on for the ride on both units. Anyway looking at both units, it seems to me that the maitenance and accessibility for servicing is also easier with the shortcut.

6. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

Which manufacturer makes the Shortcut??Thanks

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hustler makes the shortcut....
    The shortcut has been on the market since 97, and is a proven unit.

8. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i have almost 80 hours on a new sentar now and have liked it very much.....slight learning curve with a new set of controls but only took about two or three days to dial it in.

i think it does quite well on hills
    plenty of power(23 kaw)

it fits nicely in my line up