Wright Sentar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn DOG, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

They were manufactured on such a limited basis, I don't know if many guys had a chance to try them out.

I see the advertised everywhere, but no dealer has them in stock.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

if im correct kirbys lawn tried one out. i saw one at a trade show and it had some neat features but i didnt demo it.

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

well 600 hours later i have some feedback(23 kaw, 54 deck)

very maneauverable
    very stable on hills.....a biggie
    cuts good in the driving rain
    stripes very good

a few cons ------comfort(seat) the original was practically unbearable, we took it apart and put some gel in it and had it re-upholstered, helped a bit, but ended up with a 20 dollar tractor seat, dealer told me they where going to try out new seats and would retro fit old ones , we'll see in the spring

did have a few small problems but the dealer fixed them quickley with no problems what so ever( belts breaking, bad solenoid,etc)

i would buy another if they fix the comfort problem, i will be

keeping the one i have

all in all a top quality machine and a good price too
  5. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Saw one at Westchester Show Jan 2001. Liked it except the seat,
    like the Husteler Shortcut not made for long rides Ed.
  6. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

tested one out last year good quality but rough ride! By the way the local dealer said that they had a recall on them!

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

no major recalls

they did change the spindles and the belt tensioner........but these where taken care of before i even took delivery

bought mine this time last winter
  8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I demoed one last summer also and really liked the idea. I did not feel though that I would be comfrtable sitting on that little bicycle seat for an extended period of time though! also it felt like if i hit a stump or root id be thrown off the back! Very fast and maneuverable though!
  9. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I demo-ed a 60+ inch Wright Stander last summer.

I liked the manuverability, the cut and the feel.\

I did not like:

The engine kill switch is under your feet, which works nice if you step off or fall off, however on hills and certain turns, your feet and body shift causing that switch to engage. When it first happened, I thought the engine was missing - later realized what was happening.

Standing so close to the back tires- Watch out for wet/muddy terrain - you're gonna get some on YOU.

Finally, On a unit that big and for that much $$$, I would really like a deck I can adjust quickly. You CANNOT go from 2 1/2 " to 4" without lifting the entire unit and moving the WHEEL PUMPS to different heights. UNBELIEVABLE. I watched my dealer do this because I need the mower to cut 3" (It was setup to start @ 3 1/2") The whole time they set this thing up, I knew already I would NEVER own this mower.
  10. MRPLOW

MRPLOW LawnSite Member

The engine kill switch is easilt adjusted, mine was to sensitive at first to. I have a 52inch and felt the blade tip speed was a little to slow, so I put some smaller pulleys on and it seemed to help.