Wright Sentar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cklands, Feb 26, 2003.

1. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Alright what's the deal? Are they worth it for residential or just commercial. My average lawn is 15k. We do alot neighborhood work where you park the truck and mow 4 in a row. There is a guy who is selling one with low hours 1 year old for $5000. Or do I just buy a 52" stander?
    Who out there has them and can give me some feedback? Thanks.

2. Ferdelance

Ferdelance LawnSite Member

The Sentar can be used on residential or commercial lawns. If I were you, I would look at the new 2003 Sentar. The new Sentar has tons of improvements over the previous Sentars. The 52 Stander is a good mower, but the Sentar is a lot quicker and has an easy adjustible height changer.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, I just got a call from a dealer the other day. He said the improved Sentars had arrived.

4. Awilkinson

Awilkinson LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have the 2003 dealer price sheet if you need it. you could get a new sentar for almost the price of the used, if your dealer will give some ground. there is about a 1600 mark up on them. e mail for list @ eightseconds@msn.com

5. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Dear cklands,

The primary reason I went with the WS over the Sentar was my position on it while standing. The Sentar (older version) forced me to hunch over a bit. Only a bit but after 7 to 9 hours that little bit is huge. Being 6'4" I had to have maximum comfort.

Sitting down on it was not an extended option. It was only for quick rests.

The WS was perfect for my hight. Plus a couple of thousand less.

I've heard throught the grape vine that the new Sentar addressed this issue with a couple of adjustments- good for them. If it weren't for that I would have sprung for the Sentar.

Cordially,
    S.

6. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought the 2003 Sentar. The improvements include a larger seat with heftier suspension springs. They also are putting huge wheel motors on them now and boy is it strong and fast. The other change is the Hydro oil cooler. They upgraded most of the older ones with this but this new model came from the factory with the cooler. This is a great little machine IMO.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Just bought the 2003 Sentar. The improvements include a larger seat with heftier suspension springs. They also are putting huge wheel motors on them now and boy is it strong and fast. The other change is the Hydro oil cooler. They upgraded most of the older ones with this but this new model came from the factory with the cooler. This is a great little machine IMO.

Did you buy it in Charlotte at the Wright/Toro/Exmark dealer? I can't remember the name of the place. But I traveled down to visit them and take a look at the Sentar. They didn't have any 2003's when I was there, but they did call me for a demo when they arrived. During the time between, I had time to think and decided that it was just too far away for service.

Anyways, do you feel an extra load on the engine from the new hydro system when going up a hill?

8. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I got it at Turf Care on Hill Street off South Blvd. I dont feel much of a drop of power on a hill and it feels much more responsive compaired to a 2001 model I drove. A lot stronger and more positive drive and control. I just have to get used to going up a hill, it feels a little awkward but stable. I think it is just me. I like to take one hill from side to side because it is so steep and it never slide on me. Still gettingf used to her but so far so good.:)

9. Envy Lawn Service

I think that's where I went :confused:

If it is, Lesco is just down the road, then right at Arnold Palmer Cadillac.

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

cklands, another benefit of the Sentar over the Stander is the quick deck height adjustment.