1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright Sentar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassdaddy, Dec 2, 2003.

1. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Just a few questions-In the walkbehind mode(seat removed)will it hold a hill as well as a conventional walkbehind??Is the deck hard to raise?Is it hard on your back, riding for extended periods without a backrest?:) :jester:
  2. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I would only stand for short peroids of time. The controls are to low for me while standing (6'1") and the seat is so comfortable
    why in tarnation would ya take it off?
  3. Duncan Lawn Care

Duncan Lawn Care LawnSite Member

You cant walk behind a Sentar!!! The seat folds up and you stand on the machine. I have never had any trouble on hills wet or dry, the Sentar hugs hills like no other machine i've run before.
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Deck is super easy to raise, nice long lever that gives you plenty of leverage to raise the deck easily. Seat is comfy :)
  5. grassdaddy

Can you walk behind it?Extreme slopes is what I'm really worried about.I want something to replace w/b,I too would rather ride,but on a big hill I mow,I'm a a little chicken,I'm scared of flippin my turf tiger,but its cake on w/b.
  6. grassdaddy

I was unaware you couldn't walk behind it.I should have tried one at GIE last yr,but wasn't interested in them at the time.:)
  7. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

In that case!....
    If you adjust the little foot pressence plate so you can take your feet off.

and you can walk behind it, just flip up the seat and viola.

I have a spot in a drainage ditch that I cant keep the front wheels on the ground...I will do that, A bit awkward though.
  8. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I too, was curious as to how long I would be able to ride and not get a backache. To my amazement I find my Sentar easier on my back than any mid-mount I've ever owned. The almost 8in of travel on the suspension seat makes it easy to ride all day long.
  9. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

I have 2 Sentars and the center of gravity is so low that it handles hills great. You can lean way over to the up hill side if you need to. you can't lean on a Z with a seat belt on and If your life was in danger you can bail off the back, this alone gives you the ability to tackle more of a slope.
    I heard somewere the all new z's might be sold with roll bars?
    that will raise the center of gravity and unless they fold down it will be tough getting under trees.I don't think it would be safe to try to walk behind a Sentar you would be hunched over and it would be much more dangerious.
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Have any of you tryed or own a stander, The controls look the same, i hear that push to go works only sitting down, Well it looks like you sit down on a sentar. Is there a bid difference in the way the controls feel? sentar controls and stander's look the same and i will never be able to control a stander.

Happy Holidays