1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

wright sentar?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dylan, Jan 16, 2001.

1. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

What is a wright sentar?
    Is it a stander with a floating deck, a ztr or something else? I didn't see any info on the wright site.
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I looked ta one last week at the Pa turf confrence. Its basically a stander with a seat in the back that extends off the platform. You can ride or stand on the platform. I wasnt immpressed!
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

copy of a hustler shortcut......
    stand or sit compact z rider...
    shortcut has a easier steering system also
    hustler has been building this unit since 1997.
    although you can not get the shortcut with the standup feature anymore.

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

yes floating deck

i am interested in this mower but specs will not be out for a few weeks

talked to wright mfg a week ago they said mower will only be offered 52" w/ 23 kaw at first which actually sounds ideal
  5. JimVelke

JimVelke LawnSite Senior Member

Mowerconsultant- The Wright Sentar is not at all a "copy" of the Shortcut or anything else for that matter! As you said, you can't stand on the shortcut anymore. They were smart enough to remove that feature because of "OUR" patents.
    The only thing similar in that both have a motorcycle style seat at the rear of the mower. Even though we didn't put a seat on the Stander, we did mention using one in our 1994 Patent application.

The Sentar has a fold up seat that sticks out behind the drive tires to counteract the front end weight when sitting so that most of the mowers weight is balanced onto the drive tires. This allows for optimum hill holding ability, backing up hills, and quicker turning . By standing you change the weight distribution for climbing hills.
    The seat is fully adjustable forward & back ,up & down and is lower than most(or all) other mowers for a low center of gravity. It also has dual front and rear comfort springs on the seat frame.
    Our engine moves with the cutter deck which greatly lowers the center of gravity and allows for greater belt life because the belt stays in alignment with the pulleys at all times.
    Our deck height selector is the fastest in the industry.
    Front tires are 13", rear are 23"
    Speed is up to 11 mph.
    Fuel capacity is 10.7 gal.
    Steering controls are the same as our Wright Stander.
    And nobody beats our frame and deck Warranty.
  6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Jim, You wrote: And nobody beats our frame and deck Warranty.

What sort of warranty is this?

7. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

The Wright sentar seems like the shape of things to come.
    It's design is simple yet effective. I tried one at the clip conference. If you would like to see a picture go to clip.com and check out the photos of conference
  8. Mr. Velke will this machine be able to pull a tow behind aerator? 61" deck? Will a JRCO bar be able to be mounted to the front castors or is this a floating deck with a carrier frame?
  9. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

I went and saw the pics on the clip site. Looks interesting. When will some info and better pics be available on the net?
    Where can I get an info package on this mower and the stander? I filled out a form on the wright webpage but have not recieved a responce.
  10. JimVelke

JimVelke LawnSite Senior Member

Eric, We have a Lifetime Warranty against frame breakage and deck cracking. I know your DC has a lifetime warranty on the frame but I didn't see anything to cover cracking (looks like it only covers rust).
    DC has one of the better warranties and maybe it meets ours but I'll need to see the full details (which they say have to be requested)in order to see if it beats ours.

OK, I may have been too quick to say that nobody beats our frame and deck warranty so I'll retract that and say that "it would be rare IF anybody beats our frame and deck warranty"

BTW.. I've had the pleasure of meeting Art Evans several times and spent some time with him at the Kawasaki plant tour(we mostly talked on the long bus ride to and from). He's a very nice guy, and has well build machines.