Wright Sentars

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grayghost_32, Jul 17, 2003.

1. grayghost_32

grayghost_32 LawnSite Member

This is the biggest disappointment an LCO could ever fit on a trailer.The cut is horrible,instead of sentar it should be scalper or chopper.The trannys have a pump problem.My sentar has spent more time in the shop then on the trailer.Its yellow for a reason they are LEMONS guys.I think that I'll upgrade to a murray.BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

Was this unit bought new or used?

3. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

My Sentar has a great cut and it has been a great mower and I highly recomend it to any one, what problems have you had?
    doe's yours have an oil cooler? phil

4. grayghost_32

I bought it new.It has 145 hours now.Yes it has a cooler.

5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Grayghost, how about you elaborate on your problems. I know for a fact that the wright mfg cut is on par with exmarks, which says alot. Just slamming a manufacturer without supporting your statement doesnt lend you much credibility.

6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Now Uncle Macky, you didn't mind voicing how poor the cut on your Demo Hustler was, did you??? Since the cut on my "H's" are great as are my friend's and I have to compare to all the other guy's who mow with Scag ,Z's and Exmark, it's possible that your Demo machine was setup up wrong...........
    Actually, do you really think a company would make a machine that cut as bad as you said your Demo did????? Let's be fair here..........

7. grayghost_32

The mower chops anytime the ground is uneven.It needs skid plates or anti scalp rollers on the back of the deck.The thing has fouled plugs weekly since I got it.The dealer tried to tell me it was from the filter being dirty.It turned out to be faulty wiring.The drive belt needs a guard to prevent sticks or rocks from kicking the drivebelt off the self adjusting tensioner pulley.The transmission has some type of problem im not sure why but the right side keeps going out.I called Wright and the guy even asked if it was the right side.If you've got any other questions as to why I'm bashing this mower Mac call me at (918) 257-5584.Its like I said more time in the shop then on the trailer.If you've got a problem with my credibility give me a call -----.

8. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Lemons are out there. I got a lemon 23HP Kawasaki on my Exmark Z-HP. I do not see alot of others having the same probblems you are having nor did I see anyone with 23HP Lemon KW engines. Sometimes it just happens and it blows.

9. grayghost_32

I like the motor.Its the mower that blows.

10. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Grayghost_32,

I've got a Sentar and it has about 75 hours on it now. I bought it new. It's a 61" 25HP Kawi. It has the hydro cooler. Guess what? My right hydro pump has gone bad 3 times already since I hit the 50 hour mark.. I haven't posted this fact because I don't know what has made it go bad and still don't know. However, the pump that is installed in my Sentar is the same pump that is in my Husky and probably goes into 75 or more persent of the mowers out there. For some reason the right side just kept going bad. I didn't complain because of the excellent dealer AND manufacturer support I received. Each time it happend it was replaced within ONE DAYS time. After the 3rd hydro went bad the manufacturers solution was to not only replace the right hydro but to replace absolutely EVERY hydraulic part on the mower. Right hydro, right wheel motor, left hydro, left wheel motor, etc., etc. Hopefully this will cure my problem. So with this in mind, why don't you have your dealer contact the Wright rep and see what can be done. And by the way, my Sentar cuts as good or better than my Husky or any Exmark I've ever seen.